+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No status... Help!!

Eshan123

Oct 25, 2014
Hi Everyone, Really need help from you guys as i am stuck. My 1 year PGWP expired in October 2014. I applied under CEC a week later then it expired ,means in my restoration period. Also i applied for extension or restoration of my status the next day of my work permit expiration. I hired a representative for my case. So In january 2015 I got my CEC application back because of the overall cap reached for CEC. Also my representative said that they told us to reapply in Express Entry now. But as my IELTS was expired i have to wait to apply in Express Entry. I did not got any response from my representative about my status of restoration application. He kept on telling me that it is on hold and no decision yet. After giving IELTS in february 2015, he told me that he made my profile for express entry. Then after about 2 months i.e in May 2015 i kept on asking him(my representative) that whats my CRS for express entry and what about my restoration application? He did not gave me any straight answers apart from telling me that you are fine and told me in June that I have to do my education credentials from WES. I really started doubting him and i e-mailed CIC finally in June 2015 about restoration application status. I was shocked after reading their reply that they refused it in April 2015 because of no PR application on file at that time. Now clearly i am out of status and overstaying. Now please someone suggest me something, i really worked hard here, established myself. what options i have now? Can filing a complaint against my representative help me? How can i get into some status again ? I had such a good record here before but in trouble now. Will really appreciate everybody's sincere help. Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - you can file a complaint against your representative provided he is registered. More information here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/representative/complaints.asp

Unfortunately it's too late to restore your status from within Canada.

sab2020

Mar 5, 2020
Hi Everyone, Really need help from you guys as i am stuck. My 1 year PGWP expired in October 2014. I applied under CEC a week later then it expired ,means in my restoration period. Also i applied for extension or restoration of my status the next day of my work permit expiration. I hired a representative for my case. So In january 2015 I got my CEC application back because of the overall cap reached for CEC. Also my representative said that they told us to reapply in Express Entry now. But as my IELTS was expired i have to wait to apply in Express Entry. I did not got any response from my representative about my status of restoration application. He kept on telling me that it is on hold and no decision yet. After giving IELTS in february 2015, he told me that he made my profile for express entry. Then after about 2 months i.e in May 2015 i kept on asking him(my representative) that whats my CRS for express entry and what about my restoration application? He did not gave me any straight answers apart from telling me that you are fine and told me in June that I have to do my education credentials from WES. I really started doubting him and i e-mailed CIC finally in June 2015 about restoration application status. I was shocked after reading their reply that they refused it in April 2015 because of no PR application on file at that time. Now clearly i am out of status and overstaying. Now please someone suggest me something, i really worked hard here, established myself. what options i have now? Can filing a complaint against my representative help me? How can i get into some status again ? I had such a good record here before but in trouble now. Will really appreciate everybody's sincere help. Thanks
Hi there
I have no status too same situation . did you get your PR? does having no status caused you PR Application any problem?
Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there
I have no status too same situation . did you get your PR? does having no status caused you PR Application any problem?
Thanks
You cannot apply for PR under economic immigration programs while out of status in Canada.

Are you still within the 90 days to restore your status?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there
Thanks
Why did your job duty letter get refused? Did you change your status to visitor before your status expired? Are you working illegally?