+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No points showing up for student experience FSW express entry

o_adesola

Aug 29, 2024
Hi, I just submitted an express entry profile via the FSW route, but my Canadian student experience is showing as zero. I have just clocked 1 year with my company this month, but my situation is tricky. I started as a "engineering intern" for 8 months while I was still studying, then transitioned to a full time role "engineer-in-training" after I finished school. I still work in the same company. Job duties for both roles are the same and fall under the same NOC code. I'm thinking maybe I filled some things wrong.
My questions:
1. Should I have just one entry with one job role for my Canadian work experience? I initially entered two separate entries.
What should I answer to these questions?
2. Working legally in Canada during this time? I chose 'yes' because I was working with my study permit but got a work permit afterwards.
3. Studying full-time while doing this job? I chose 'yes' for the entry while I was studying and 'no' for the other one.
4. Which category does my job fall under? a. No work permit needed? b. Work permit needed, no LMIA needed c. Work permit and LMIA needed
I filled 'no work permit needed' for the first entry and 'work permit, no LMIA needed' for the second one.

If I am to enter just one job entry, what do I fill in for 3 and 4? Your responses would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I just submitted an express entry profile via the FSW route, but my Canadian student experience is showing as zero. I have just clocked 1 year with my company this month, but my situation is tricky. I started as a "engineering intern" for 8 months while I was still studying, then transitioned to a full time role "engineer-in-training" after I finished school. I still work in the same company. Job duties for both roles are the same and fall under the same NOC code. I'm thinking maybe I filled some things wrong.
My questions:
1. Should I have just one entry with one job role for my Canadian work experience? I initially entered two separate entries.
What should I answer to these questions?
2. Working legally in Canada during this time? I chose 'yes' because I was working with my study permit but got a work permit afterwards.
3. Studying full-time while doing this job? I chose 'yes' for the entry while I was studying and 'no' for the other one.
4. Which category does my job fall under? a. No work permit needed? b. Work permit needed, no LMIA needed c. Work permit and LMIA needed
I filled 'no work permit needed' for the first entry and 'work permit, no LMIA needed' for the second one.

If I am to enter just one job entry, what do I fill in for 3 and 4? Your responses would be highly appreciated. Thanks!
Work experience gained while studying in Canada cannot be counted as Canadian work experience. Only the work experience gained from the time you submitted your PGWP application counts.