+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No permanent address in Canada while taking the test

Rie11

Sep 9, 2020
Advice needed. I just received my AOR this week, I gave notice to my landlord, and plan to be away from Canada until July. I am using my Canadian friend's address as my mailing address. I don't really think I will receive the invitation for the test any time soon. However, in an unlikely scenario that I have to urgently come back for the test (I read a rumour that they are sending invitations for a videoconference test), I plan to fly back to Canada and rent a room in the hotel for the time needed to take the test.

My question is: Is it okay that while taking the test I will not have the permanent address in Canada? Does it matter if I reside at a different location as long as I am in the same province in Canada? Or should I be at my old address indicated in my application?
Thank you!

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Advice needed. I just received my AOR this week, I gave notice to my landlord, and plan to be away from Canada until July. I am using my Canadian friend's address as my mailing address. I don't really think I will receive the invitation for the test any time soon. However, in an unlikely scenario that I have to urgently come back for the test (I read a rumour that they are sending invitations for a videoconference test), I plan to fly back to Canada and rent a room in the hotel for the time needed to take the test.

My question is: Is it okay that while taking the test I will not have the permanent address in Canada? Does it matter if I reside at a different location as long as I am in the same province in Canada? Or should I be at my old address indicated in my application?
Thank you!
You can be anywhere within Canada for virtual sessions.

Reactions: Rie11