+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No job offer with EE but still need PR

thejakehake

Aug 17, 2022
Hi,
I have a degree, but not my spouse. I am doing the EE application.
If I don't have a job offer but my spouse gets work, would I still get selected for PR?
Also, if we then don't get selected from the EE pool, is there a different type of application to continue to immigrate to Canada?

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hi,
If I don't have a job offer but my spouse gets work, would I still get selected for PR?
Also, if we then don't get selected from the EE pool, is there a different type of application to continue to immigrate to Canada?
If your spouse has a job in Canada, after a year she can look at apply under CEC as a primary applicant. You will have to read the rules carefully though if your spouse's occupation is eligible under CEC category.
To be eligible under express entry, the job codes has to be under NOC 0, A and B. Since we don't know much about your profile like your prior job, language test scores etc; other options are to look at Provincial Nominations. Based on each province requirements and their programs; they would require job offers from Canada.

thejakehake

Aug 17, 2022
We are Outlanders, wife's NOC is A (2131- optometrist), haven't done IELTS yet. How do I get my proper CRS. I have until mid September to submit EE.
Do I have to do Medical & criminal before I submit or can it be done after? No job offers. If my wife doesn't work & I get a job in IT would that be sufficient for PR?
Is there a step by step guide on how to do everything for EE (When to do biometrics, when to do medical, when to verify foreign qualifications, etc etc.)

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
We are Outlanders, wife's NOC is A (2131- optometrist), haven't done IELTS yet. How do I get my proper CRS. I have until mid September to submit EE.
Do I have to do Medical & criminal before I submit or can it be done after? No job offers. If my wife doesn't work & I get a job in IT would that be sufficient for PR?
Is there a step by step guide on how to do everything for EE (When to do biometrics, when to do medical, when to verify foreign qualifications, etc etc.)
The first thread of this forum is the Step by Step guide on Express Entry. To get the accurate CRS, IELTS and ECA will have to done. These are also required if you wish to submit your profile to the pool.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
So job no job offer is not a pre-requisite?
When is the interview?
Certain province would have a requirement for a valid job offer if you are looking at PNP options.
Canada does not require any interviews for PR processing unless they request it under special circumstances.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
Your wife has a better chance of approval as an optometrist unless you have 2 degrees. She should look into whether she’l be able to get relicensed in Canada though.

thejakehake

Aug 17, 2022
Would you know which is better: IELTS or CELPIP?
In South Africa I only seem to find IELTS venues. On the CELPIP website SA is not in the countries drop down.