07-04-2015
Med's Done....
11-05-2015
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
Hello everyone,

My score is 471 and I qualify for both CEC and FSWP but after the first round of invitations we're all left hopeless.

My PGWP expires on Feb 5th and I'm contemplating how to proceed for the BOWP. Should I apply for an work permit extension anyway through paper so I'll gain another 90 days?

OR switch to a visitor status? I have a European passport and I don't need a tourist visa for this.

Did I mention that I am already 7 month Pregnant?!

PLEASE HELP!!!! ???

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/goodbye-to-the-canadian-dream-t268239.0.html

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
TigerPower said:
Hello everyone,

My score is 471 and I qualify for both CEC and FSWP but after the first round of invitations we're all left hopeless.

My PGWP expires on Feb 5th and I'm contemplating how to proceed for the BOWP. Should I apply for an work permit extension anyway through paper so I'll gain another 90 days?

OR switch to a visitor status? I have a European passport and I don't need a tourist visa for this.

Did I mention that I am already 7 month Pregnant?!

PLEASE HELP!!!! ???
You can't obtain a BOWP until you have an AOR and I'm not sure but I vaguely remember that to switch to visitor status you need to do it 2 weeks before your permit runs out or something? Although even if that is true then I guess you can do it by flagpoling at a border crossing.

Be careful if you're here as a visitor when you give birth, I'm guessing you'd need extensive medical insurance otherwise you could end up with hefty bills too :(

TigerPower

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawwa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2015
AOR Received.
07-04-2015
Med's Done....
11-05-2015
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
Thank you for your help! I guess I would apply for the extension and get rejected, cause I've heard they'll give you 90 days after the denial to restore your status (as a visitor).

My OHIP card will expire on Feb 5th as well, but there is some type of 90 days coverage after the expiration, if you can show proof that you are eligible for PR, right?

I'll hope I'll get ITA within the next 3 months....

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
TigerPower said:
Thank you for your help! I guess I would apply for the extension and get rejected, cause I've heard they'll give you 90 days after the denial to restore your status (as a visitor).

My OHIP card will expire on Feb 5th as well, but there is some type of 90 days coverage after the expiration, if you can show proof that you are eligible for PR, right?

I'll hope I'll get ITA within the next 3 months....
I'm afraid I'm not an expert on implied status but my understanding is if you submit an application until they say yes/no you can continue under your current status.

Even if you got an ITA within then next 3 months you can't get a BOWP since your current permit will already have expired :(

I'm in a similar boat, current permit is expiring in April and if I can't get an AOR by that time to submit with a BOWP application, then I'll have to head home and wait it out.

TigerPower

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawwa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2015
AOR Received.
07-04-2015
Med's Done....
11-05-2015
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
If you get an ITA, apply for PR and get the AOR before they assess your BOWP application they will accept it, because they take into account the day you submitted your paper application.

I'm not an expert either but I've read other similar situations in this forum. I hope this helps you as well!! Just be careful with the dates.

Thanks a lot for your advice!!