+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nigeria students for winter 2013 join here. Share your experience here

Osakpolo

Aug 3, 2012
Please, let us share our experiences and give voluntary advice to avoid error in our applications. My visa application result from Canada High Commission in Singapore was the unexpected. Perhaps, it was my mistake submitting my application in this country while living in Malaysia. The reasons stated by VO are: 1. Travel history (I have no negative records in all the countries I have visited). 2. Ties with Nigeria (I have travelled to Nigeria twice within two years of completed MBA program). 3. Immigration status (I have 11 months valid visa in Malaysia) 4. Financial Proof (I submitted Bank statements from Nigeria and Malaysia. Nigeria Bank statements were return to me while Malaysia Bank statement wasn't returned. perhaps, Nigeria Bank statements were not considered since I am applying from Malaysia). 5. No proof that I would return home after study (Statement of intention to return home was attached). In the ends, the VO advice that I make new application if my situation has changed.

Ideally, I am considering other countries for Master program that encompasses thesis because I need research background for doctoral program. Right now I'm confused whether to study in the UK for one year Master with thesis or reapply. I understand that Canada education is very competitive compare......

Any advice.......?

emmaco

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
I also applied at CHC singapore. I was refused due to insufficient financial resources, travel history, personal assets and finacial status.
my mistake was that I did not submit any property docs. and income docs., i never visited Nigeria since I came to Malaysia. I'm trying to correct all these wrongs and reapply in sept.

In your own case, you should show property docs in your name and parents' name in case of home tie.
show your parents bank account as sponsors and your own account that contains your tuition fees and expenses + air ticket.
your dad's employment letter or business registration in case he owns one is important. With all these docs., the VO wants to be assured that you have a specific contact in Nigeria. the write a strong SOP to collaborate with all these.

Osakpolo

Aug 3, 2012
you have a point on more relevant documents. I am also changing my sponsor from my sister to my uncle or same parents brother. He has better financial proof than my sister. Ideally, applying in Malaysia with Nigeria Bank statements genuinely from Bank will still complicate issue. I think is better to tell our sponsors to transfer the money from home to our accounts here, but we would loss significantly on the exchange rates naira to dollar, dollar to riggits, riggits to dollar again after visa granted. I am really confused now whether the embassy follow their requirements of one year cost of living and tuition financial proof or Bank balance with total cost of the program?

Let us hope for the best.......

Dav1d0

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no issues with showing a Nigerian bank statement as far as i know. But always when out of your country of birth its important to show as much as you can to provide a strong proof of your home ties;
properties back home if any, sufficient funds, Family documents back home employment letters, property docs, also of important may be the choice of course against past working experience and study history.

The comments given at refusal are always general so you need to analyze your case very well. i also here of CAIPS that assist in finding exactly why it was rejected.