+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Next steps-spousal sponsorship Outland.

PeacefulMan

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Hi, we just sent by mail the application package to the processing centre. This is for an Outland spousal sponsorship.

I’m the husband in Canada and the wife is overseas. We did also fill and sent the two forms for me being her representative.

Now what’s next? How will be the contact? Online accounts? Who does that? Etc.

I might have some online account for CRA purpose and I might have created some account to pay the processing fee online this time and I might have some old account from the past concerning maybe my citizenship or some previous sponsorship. Are they able to locate or merge all those possibly exiting accounts?

Just a bit confused and would like to know what to do or expect next.

Thanks.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
the rep receives IRCC communications either thru online account or via email.

Most straight forward Outland Spousal Sponsorship follow these process steps (the order of the steps may vary)
  1. Application received at IRCC
  2. IRCC start processing application
  3. Receive Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR 1)
  4. Link Application to Online Account
  5. Upload Schedule A form
  6. Sponsor Approval and File transfer to VO
  7. VO starts processing PR application (AOR 2)
  8. Receive Request for Medical Exam
  9. Medical Exam @ IRCC Panel Physician Clinic
  10. Medical Exam Result
  11. Passport Request (PPR)
  12. Pick-up Permanent Residency Visa (PUM)
Spousal sponsorship process completion time varies depending on the Visa Office and on a case basis.......will advice you assume process completion takes 12 months to help reduce the waiting stress.......relax.....its a wait game.

Reactions: PeacefulMan

PeacefulMan

Star Member
May 2, 2017
the rep receives IRCC communications either thru online account or via email.

Most straight forward Outland Spousal Sponsorship follow these process steps (the order of the steps may vary)
  1. Application received at IRCC
  2. IRCC start processing application
  3. Receive Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR 1)
  4. Link Application to Online Account
  5. Upload Schedule A form
  6. Sponsor Approval and File transfer to VO
  7. VO starts processing PR application (AOR 2)
  8. Receive Request for Medical Exam
  9. Medical Exam @ IRCC Panel Physician Clinic
  10. Medical Exam Result
  11. Passport Request (PPR)
  12. Pick-up Permanent Residency Visa (PUM)
Spousal sponsorship process completion time varies depending on the Visa Office and on a case basis.......will advice you assume process completion takes 12 months to help reduce the waiting stress.......relax.....its a wait game.
Do you have some indication for each step duration?
I guess they will contact me directly (the sponsor and rep) for AOR1 through my email or phone to give me some codes to input online? I think I read that some people may have got it within the first 20 days and if it goes over 30 then I could call IRCC to inquire, is that right?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Do you have some indication for each step duration?
I guess they will contact me directly (the sponsor and rep) for AOR1 through my email or phone to give me some codes to input online? I think I read that some people may have got it within the first 20 days and if it goes over 30 then I could call IRCC to inquire, is that right?
No that's not correct. They never "promise" the duration of each step. The target for most cases are 1 year but there is never a guarantee and some cases take longer than others. You can track outland discussions specific to your VO to see the trending time.

Reactions: PeacefulMan