+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Newborns passport

Ayan988

Jul 3, 2015
Hi all,
I am permanent residence of canada. I am pregnant and am due on 1st november. My husband is in india at the moment. after giving birth to baby, I wish to take him to India. Do I need any kind of documents from my husband or any authority letter from him to apply for babies passport. Please help!

Dhudson

Star Member
May 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
00-00-2011
Med's Request
00-00-2015
Passport Req..
00-00-2015
LANDED..........
25-08-2015
No,

Entitlement to a Canadian Passport

A
Important notice—We recommend that you not finalize your travel plans until you receive the requested passport.
A Canadian passport is the only reliable and universally accepted travel and identification document for Canadians who travel abroad.
Canadian passports are issued to Canadian citizens only.
For Canadians 16 years of age or over, use form PPTC 153, Adult General Passport Application.
Who May Apply for a Passport for a Child?

B
One of the parents
The custodial parent in cases of separation or divorce
The legal guardian
Requirements Checklist

C
Both
pages of the application form completed and signed within the last
twelve (12)
months
Two (2)
dentical unaltered passport photos of the child taken within the last
six (6)
months
Application form and one of the photos certified by your guarantor
Proof of Canadian citizenship (original only—the document will be returned to you)
Any valid Canadian travel document (passport, certificate of identity or refugee travel document) issued to the child
Acceptable proof of parentage
All
documents (including any divorce judgment) that refer to custody of, mobility of, or access to the child
The fee
Note:
All documents submitted throughout the passport application process that are in a language other than English or French must be
translated by a certified translator.
Additional documents or information may be requested in support of this applicatio

Here is application:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/passport/forms/pdf/pptc155.pdf

Here is all forms:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/passport/forms.asp

Ayan988

Jul 3, 2015
Thanks Dhudson for prompt reply. So I shall ask my husband to sign the application form and send it to me via post ? Regards

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why don't you phone passport Canada directly at 1-800-567-6868?