+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Newborn child's visa

Saleh007

Jul 11, 2024
Dear All

I have applied for a Canadian Visitor Visa for both myself and my wife, with sponsorship from a family friend in Canada.
We are currently awaiting the issuance of our visas. As we are expecting a child within the next few weeks, I would like to inquire about the procedure for our newborn. Will the child also require a Canadian visa stamped on their passport?
Additionally, I would appreciate guidance on the process for securing an appointment for the child and the necessary documentation.

Any guidance provided will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Dear All

I have applied for a Canadian Visitor Visa for both myself and my wife, with sponsorship from a family friend in Canada.
We are currently awaiting the issuance of our visas. As we are expecting a child within the next few weeks, I would like to inquire about the procedure for our newborn. Will the child also require a Canadian visa stamped on their passport?
Additionally, I would appreciate guidance on the process for securing an appointment for the child and the necessary documentation.

Thanks in advance.
Yes, infant requires TRV. It is the same procedure that you went through to get your visitor visas. Funds, reasons, ties etc.

Reactions: Saleh007

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear All

Thanks in advance.
Friends can’t sponsor you. They can provide an invitation letter but approval really depends on your own profile. Why have you not delayed applying until you have your child?

Reactions: foodie69

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Dear All

Thanks in advance.
Any person will need to have a passport and if required visa, a visitor visa. This is regardless of age.
So YES. A baby needs a visa stamped passport.