+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New York Processing Times for Work Permit??

jw1313

Sep 5, 2014
Curious if anyone can give me a better idea of how accurate the stated processing times are on CICs website. Current processing time for a work permit at the NY visa office is listed as 5 months which seems extremely long.

Has anyone recently got approval through New York? How long did you have to wait? Is submitting electronically faster? And if so by how much?

This is not the first time I've had to get a visa for another country, but it is the first time where the issuing agency seems to go out of their way to give you as little information as possible and then provides you no way to contact someone about the status of your application.

lottieh1

Aug 2, 2012
Hi when you apply they give you a tracking number you can use to follow it. I submitted one to the New york office Sep 28th. needed to send additional documents. its was sent for processing Oct 8th and is now listed as under consideration.

fredde587

Star Member
Jan 7, 2014
jw1313 said:
Curious if anyone can give me a better idea of how accurate the stated processing times are on CICs website. Current processing time for a work permit at the NY visa office is listed as 5 months which seems extremely long.

Has anyone recently got approval through New York? How long did you have to wait? Is submitting electronically faster? And if so by how much?

This is not the first time I've had to get a visa for another country, but it is the first time where the issuing agency seems to go out of their way to give you as little information as possible and then provides you no way to contact someone about the status of your application.
Just drive to the border and apply there for it, bring all the required documents and youll get it the same day.