+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

new work permit processing in 1 day

zyvox

Jan 14, 2010
Hi. I have a valid work permit but is planning to move to a new company. If my new employer will be able to get me a new LMO, is it possible to get a work permit processed quickly (1 day) if I go to Buffalo or other location for processing? Thanks.

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to go to a consulate only if you need a new visa. If you already have a valid work visa on your passport and you have a visa to enter the United States, you may simply enter USA, make a u turn and return to canada. At the border present your new LMO and offer letter and they will provide you with a new work visa right away.

I am told by my lawyer that this is possible however i have not experienced it. I have also not come across any forum members who have done it.

Alternatively, you may send you docs to Alberta to get a new work permit.

Hope this helps.

balu0427

Dec 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes, mtlguy is right.

you can go to any Canadian Border Security office and if you explain your case to them, they will ask you to cross the canada border and come back. then they will give u the new WP.

check this url to get the list of offices and services they provide : http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/listing/indexpages/index-e.html

my wife has visitor visa and she want to convert that to a open WP. so, we went to St.Stephens border security office and my wife did the same thing i explained above and they gave her the WP in 10min.

hope this helps.