+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW WORK PERMIT ISSUED, OLD TEMPORARY RESIDENT VISA. SHOULD I RENEW TRV?

butterflies

Jan 4, 2012
Hello,

I just received my new work permit with a new employer a few days ago after months of painful processes. My question is: do I need to renew my TRV since it was issued when my previous work permit with previous employer was issued as well. My new work permit will expire in Dec 2014 while my TRV in August 2013.

If I want to leave Canada, let's say next week, will I have problems getting back in when using my old TRV?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

butterflies said:
Hello,

I just received my new work permit with a new employer a few days ago after months of painful processes. My question is: do I need to renew my TRV since it was issued when my previous work permit with previous employer was issued as well. My new work permit will expire in Dec 2014 while my TRV in August 2013.

If I want to leave Canada, let's say next week, will I have problems getting back in when using my old TRV?
If you TRV was multiple entry and is valid, when you return, you won't have a problem.

butterflies

Jan 4, 2012
Hello PMM

Thanks for the response. MY TRV is multiple entry and expiring in August 2013. Isn't the TRV attached to your work permit?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

butterflies said:
Hello PMM

Thanks for the response. MY TRV is multiple entry and expiring in August 2013. Isn't the TRV attached to your work permit?
No, it is a counterfoil attached to your passport.