+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New SIN number or not?

Josephmyatt1996

Star Member
Jun 11, 2023
So I originally came to Canada in 2017 and received an open work permit plus a SIN number then.
I’m now back in Canada and just received my open work permit while awaiting the processing of my spousal PR.
My question is, does my SIN number stay the same? Or do I need to head to a service Canada and get a new one?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
So I originally came to Canada in 2017 and received an open work permit plus a SIN number then.
I’m now back in Canada and just received my open work permit while awaiting the processing of my spousal PR.
My question is, does my SIN number stay the same? Or do I need to head to a service Canada and get a new one?
Same

Matttt

Jul 5, 2024
Category........
FAM
How long ago did you leave? Did the SIN start with 9? If it was a 9 SIN it may have been released and re-used.
Would be worth heraeding to Service Canada to check.

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
No, wait until you get PR. Until you get PR, your sin number is temporary. Once you have l become PR then you go into services Canada with your COPR