+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PGWP Extension Policy: Do I qualify?

Fkama027

Aug 7, 2023
Hello

A friend just informed me about the new PGWP extension for international student who's PGWP is about to expire or PGWP was valid before 7 May and have expired since.
I have submitted my PR application, however, my PGWP expired on 30th June. I am wondering if this true and as CEC candidate waiting for a determination on my application do i qualify for this new policy? Please anyone with any information regarding this should please share. Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello

A friend just informed me about the new PGWP extension for international student who's PGWP is about to expire or PGWP was valid before 7 May and have expired since.
I have submitted my PR application, however, my PGWP expired on 30th June. I am wondering if this true and as CEC candidate waiting for a determination on my application do i qualify for this new policy? Please anyone with any information regarding this should please share. Thanks
No such thing. PGWP extensions ended with COVID. New policy is for PNP candidates.

Didn’t you get AOR for PR application? If so you could apply for BOWP.

Fkama027

Aug 7, 2023
No such thing. PGWP extensions ended with COVID. New policy is for PNP candidates.

Didn’t you get AOR for PR application? If so you could apply for BOWP.
I got the AOR but before i could submit my application for PR, my PGWP had expired and my visitors record application was approved. I understand once you are not on implied status as worker and you apply for BOWP, the application is denied so i didn't apply for BOWP. Or i can still apply for the BOWP?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I got the AOR but before i could submit my application for PR, my PGWP had expired and my visitors record application was approved. I understand once you are not on implied status as worker and you apply for BOWP, the application is denied so i didn't apply for BOWP. Or i can still apply for the BOWP?
If PGWP expired on June 30 then you can restore status to worker and apply for BOWP. You need to apply for restoration within 90 days of PGWP expiry. You cannot work until approval.