+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Passport Applied and Got before PER

nplsp

May 25, 2014
Dear Friends,

I have placed the application with my old passport to CIC on mid-may considering the timeline and quota excess. My old passport sent to CIO was paper based, Now i had applied for MRP(Machine Readable Passport) to my local administrative department. So, now i have not yet received PER from CIO, which is expected to be early August. My paper passport will expire on 2016. Now, if i get the new passport, its number will be different from one i have mentioned in my application to CIO and will be stamped with Not Usable; but also includes the old number in some page.
So,
What should i do? Can I apply the VO with the new passport, which has the different number as placed in application?
Should i notify CIO through any means? Or, i can write to VO directly after receiving the PER?
Has anyone got such problem of passport number changed after application posted to CIO?

WR
Subash

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is not a problem at all.

Once the local visa office has contacted you for further processing, you can inform them that you have renewed your passport, and provide all the details of the new passport. That's all you need to do.

DON'T send any new documents to CIO. It will only cause problems and it's not necessary.