+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Parent and Grandparent Sponsorship Applications - Post 2024

Zcompany

Nov 28, 2021
Hello everyone,

Posting here to inquire and express my frustration around PGP.
They last opened the pool in 2020 and continue to draw from it to this day.

Does anyone have ideas on when will they open pool/lottery for new applicants?

I couldnt apply in 2020 and now I wait while my parents become more frail with each passing year

They do come on visitor visa, but since they cant buy property and then maintain one at home as well it is just so difficult for everyone.

Moreso, expressing frustration on the PGP draw itself. Why cant people who have been here for +5 years and are Canadian citizens for 5 years apply for their parents PR application

I have heard that they will continue to draw from 2020 until 2026.

Is there any hope for us?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone,

I couldnt apply in 2020 and now I wait while my parents become more frail with each passing year

They do come on visitor visa, but since they cant buy property and then maintain one at home as well it is just so difficult for everyone.

Moreso, expressing frustration on the PGP draw itself. Why cant people who have been here for +5 years and are Canadian citizens for 5 years apply for their parents PR application

This question is asked almost weekly. No one knows. IRCC may invite all from the 2020 or re-open the PGP to new profiles. All you can do is wait. IRCC extended super visas to 10 years to offset the many people who will never be selected. It is lottery based and a program that has only a few thousand people selected with hundreds of thousands who want to submit a profile. They can buy a home, nothing stopping them.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

People need to realize that parent sponsorship is not guaranteed and especially not within a set amount of time. Canada seems to be attempting to prioritize those who have waited the longest. Canada has a high number of immigrants while also having an already ageing population and a healthcare crisis. Canada can’t care for existing population so the fact that we run PGP at all is a minor miracle.