+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

new IELTS test required for EE???

volkerforster

Jan 25, 2015
I'm already live in Canada for 19 months, passed my IELTS test about 2.5 years ago. Now I'm using EE to apply for an extension of my work permit but during creation my personal profile for EE, the system told me my IELTS test is out of date and I wouldn't be eligible to apply with EE. So I "faked" the date just to be able to create my profile. Later, in the application itself, I entered the real date of my IELTS test and didn't get a error message, the form gots it green checkmark for "completed".

My question: Do I need a new language test to extend a work permit????? Or is it just a glinch in the new system...

Thanks

AAA2133

Dec 17, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
volkerforster said:
I'm already live in Canada for 19 months, passed my IELTS test about 2.5 years ago. Now I'm using EE to apply for an extension of my work permit but during creation my personal profile for EE, the system told me my IELTS test is out of date and I wouldn't be eligible to apply with EE. So I "faked" the date just to be able to create my profile. Later, in the application itself, I entered the real date of my IELTS test and didn't get a error message, the form gots it green checkmark for "completed".

My question: Do I need a new language test to extend a work permit????? Or is it just a glinch in the new system...

Thanks
EE is the system for people applying Canadian Permanent Residency.

Maple_Leafs

Jan 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Express Entry is for Canadian Permanent Residency purposes.

You work permit extension will have to go through regular CIC process.

biz

Dec 22, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
EE
Passport Req..
10-06-2016
LANDED..........
30-06-2016
volkerforster said:

Thanks
What made you decide that EE is a possible way to extend work permits? If a person gets an ITA, is it an indication that he can file an extension?

hariskhan

Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As per my information IELTS test results are valid for 2 years. After that, one has to re-give the test

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
volkerforster said:

Thanks
As stated previously, EE is not for extending work permits but applying for Permanent Residency.

Furthermore, you may have tricked the system in to accepting your profile with faked IELTS dates, but all that will happen is that if your profile is selected and you are issued an ITA, when you submit the actual PR application and a CIC officer checks your documentation, your application will be rejected on the spot, since IELTS results need to be within the last 2 years.

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
Not only your application will be rejected but you may even be charged with misrepresentation and hence being ineligible for a new visa.

Maple_Leafs

Jan 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
idefix said:
Not only your application will be rejected but you may even be charged with misrepresentation and hence being ineligible for a new visa.
++
Five year of ban, as per Express Entry guidelines, for providing false information.

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
Maple_Leafs said:
++
Five year of ban, as per Express Entry guidelines, for providing false information.
Yup. I would find a way to delete that profile if I were you and explain it as a misunderstanding if it comes up.

volkerforster

Jan 25, 2015
That's interesting. If you go to the CIC website related to apply for an extension of a work permit, they tell you it would be possible to apply online. If you follow the instructions and check your eligibility the system will also tell you, that you are eligible to apply online. Following the next instructions, you will land in the EE online application process. Please check this...

Go to
cic.gc.ca/english/work/extend-stay.asp

and click on
Can I apply to extend a work permit from inside Canada?

then next site on
Apply online

On next site "Apply online" I've selected "Work Permit" from the drop down list...

Then got to the questionnaire... and get the message "you're eligible to apply" at the end of the questionnaire. Next step guides you to create a EE profie.

There is NOTHING telling you, you can't apply for a work permit with EE.

But I will go the "classic" way. I don't trust the new system, it doesn't seems to be sophisticated.

Thanks!!