+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Caregiver Program

MarlyVac

Oct 11, 2018
Hello,

Good Day. I am currently in Alberta Canada as a visitor visa holder, waiting for my LMIA approval. However, I am somewhat anxious now because the deadline of applying working permit inside Canada will be on Feb28, 2025. I have already an employer that gave me a job offer and over a year experience as a Caregiver back home but not inside Canada. I am just wondering if a tourist visa holder can apply for the new Caregiver program?

Your reply is very much appreciated. Thank you very much.

Thank you,
MCC

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

Good Day. I am currently in Alberta Canada as a visitor visa holder, waiting for my LMIA approval. However, I am somewhat anxious now because the deadline of applying working permit inside Canada will be on Feb28, 2025. I have already an employer that gave me a job offer and over a year experience as a Caregiver back home but not inside Canada. I am just wondering if a tourist visa holder can apply for the new Caregiver program?

Your reply is very much appreciated. Thank you very much.

Thank you,
MCC
If employer applied for LMIA then what NOC do you have a job offer in? In another post you mentioned rural stream which has nothing to do with caregiver stream.

Program is quota based and usually opens and closes on January 1. Expect about 36 months for procesing.

MarlyVac

Oct 11, 2018
The LMIA job titile is Community and Social Services NOC # 42201.

I mentioned about Rural Stream as the employer that provided me a job offer is also supporting wokers on that program. But Im not so sure if tourist visa can apply with an experience only outside Canada?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The LMIA job titile is Community and Social Services NOC # 42201.

I mentioned about Rural Stream as the employer that provided me a job offer is also supporting wokers on that program. But Im not so sure if tourist visa can apply with an experience only outside Canada?
So the NOC has nothing to do with caregiver program, and that NOC is not eligible.

Only option is rural stream so make sure you have all documentation ready. Being a social worker then assume you need to be licensed in the province. Not sure how your experience and education aligns with a social worker. The link will tell you.

https://www.alberta.ca/aaip-rural-renewal-stream-eligibility