+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

new born baby's passport

kase

Dec 14, 2012
Hi there!
My husband applied for family sponsorship and was approved as a sponsor .m I'm from Ukraine.We are expecting to have our baby in July and would like to be able to travel together to Canada.
I have few questions, please advice:
1) When baby is born, Can I apply for temporary travel visa for my baby, based on birth certificate?
2))We want to apply for baby's citizenship but on website says : ”You have included two (2) pieces of personal identification one of which must have your photo on it”
What is the document with picture should be for one month old baby?
5)Is this necessary to apply for the passport for baby if we want to fly as soon as my application will be approved?
I read on website that I have to show the proof of citizenship when I'm applying for babies passport, but it takes up to 1 year..In this case how we can travel to Canada?
Thanks

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
kase said:
Hi there!
My husband applied for family sponsorship and was approved as a sponsor .m I'm from Ukraine.We are expecting to have our baby in July and would like to be able to travel together to Canada.
I have few questions, please advice:
1) When baby is born, Can I apply for temporary travel visa for my baby, based on birth certificate?
2))We want to apply for baby's citizenship but on website says : ”You have included two (2) pieces of personal identification one of which must have your photo on it”
What is the document with picture should be for one month old baby?
5)Is this necessary to apply for the passport for baby if we want to fly as soon as my application will be approved?
I read on website that I have to show the proof of citizenship when I'm applying for babies passport, but it takes up to 1 year..In this case how we can travel to Canada?
Thanks
Hi

If your husband the sponsor is Canadian citizen and the baby is born outside Canada (Ukraine) then you must contact Canadian embassy in Ukraine (not your VO) and they will tell you what's needed to apply for baby's Canadian travel documents (passport)
Because we are also expecting a baby in September the Canada embassy here in Greece told me to produce the baby's birth certificate naming me as the father and send it over to them with an application downloaded from CIC site and some baby photos.
Now because the passport may take 8-10 months and you need to travel immediately they will supply you with a temporary document so the baby may travel with you.
Other members here may have more info in this matter!

Good luck and congratulations for your baby!
messenger

kase

Dec 14, 2012
Do I have to show the proof of citizenship when I'm applying for baby's passport, (proof of citizenship takes up to 1 year..)In this case how we can travel to Canada as soon as possible? What documents for the baby?
Thanks

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
kase said:
Do I have to show the proof of citizenship when I'm applying for baby's passport, (proof of citizenship takes up to 1 year..)In this case how we can travel to Canada as soon as possible? What documents for the baby?
Thanks
Ηι.

Listen...I definitely don't want to mislead you so why don't you call your local Canadian embassy (I called mine in Athens) and they will give you all answers and alternatives in case that your hubby does not have a citizenship card.
The fact remains and I think you have two choices.
1. The baby must travel either as a Canadian citizen with his/her own passport or in case of not enough time with a temporary Canadian travel document
2. Declare the baby as a dependent in your application in your VO. I am sure if you call or email your VO they will tell you your options

I hope this helps, although my spouse and I are also in the same state as you are only with a couple of months difference :) :)

Regards
messenger