28/6/2011
Passport Req..
17/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
21/8/2011
LANDED..........
31/8 /2011 Insallah
Hi all

I want to say we that we all here have negative thoughts, and even me, :-\and this is not good.
I know it is hard to be far from your lover,you hold your life, and you know nothing about what will happen to you, but let's look to the whole picture.

We will be with our lover. ;D We still have all the life to grow up with the one we choices, I believe the CIC officers they work hard too. truely, I know it takes long time, but it is their job. They have been doing for long time, and they know the process,
Yes it is rights to see which one have not true relationship, and the one who is.
yes it is there jobs to make sure no Criminal or people have danger diseases inter to protect others.

Yes we got upset and we missing our lover, we do not know what will happen in the future, but let's hope our files will be the good one. Our file will be the fastest one, lets prepare for them whatever. they ask, any other document they want, prove for them our love, prove for them this is truly relationship.

And what I notice from people here most they do not have Lwayer, and this is not good at some point, because lawyer knows what they need, what kind of papers you should submet

Good luck for all

gladiateur19

Aug 30, 2009
Yaya Marei said:
Hi all

I want to say we that we all here have negative thoughts, and even me, :-\and this is not good.
I know it is hard to be far from your lover,you hold your life, and you know nothing about what will happen to you, but let's look to the whole picture.

We will be with our lover. ;D We still have all the life to grow up with the one we choices, I believe the CIC officers they work hard too. truely, I know it takes long time, but it is their job. They have been doing for long time, and they know the process,
Yes it is rights to see which one have not true relationship, and the one who is.
yes it is there jobs to make sure no Criminal or people have danger diseases inter to protect others.

Yes we got upset and we missing our lover, we do not know what will happen in the future, but let's hope our files will be the good one. Our file will be the fastest one, lets prepare for them whatever. they ask, any other document they want, prove for them our love, prove for them this is truly relationship.

And what I notice from people here most they do not have Lwayer, and this is not good at some point, because lawyer knows what they need, what kind of papers you should submet

Good luck for all
hi,it's a good topic you started here,,,,i like it,and i do have negatice thoughts too,and i think i have my reasons,,,lol,,,my wife(the sponsor)is a canadian from newfoundland,,,she sent our application to CIC Mississauga on june,,it got received on 23th june,and since then,we didnt hear anything from them,,,it's been 3 months now,and the timeline was only 42days at that time,,,anyway,i still hope hear some good news,and i know i will be with my lover and my beautiful wife,doesnt matter how long we need to wait,,,lol

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
Yaya Marei said:
Some lawyers know what you need, but some don't know at all. I have read too many stories here about lawyers or agents that caused many more problems than they solved. In some cases, lawyers are not a good idea, especially with uncomplicated applications.

Tallen

Star Member
May 7, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/05/2010
AOR Received.
14/06/2010
File Transfer...
29/06/2010
Med's Done....
12/04/2010
Passport Req..
26/01/2011
VISA ISSUED...
27/01/2011
LANDED..........
29/11/2011
BeShoo said:
Some lawyers know what you need, but some don't know at all. I have read too many stories here about lawyers or agents that caused many more problems than they solved. In some cases, lawyers are not a good idea, especially with uncomplicated applications.
I did not see what good getting a lawyer would be, it’s funny they show you a stack of papers that are near as high as a soda can with the caption “Do you really think you can do this alone” lol. It is all evidence really and that can only come from you so outside of checking some of your forms and maybe offering some advice everything has to come from you anyhow, so I did not see the overall use of getting one. I am sure there is many good imigration lawyers but as others have said they make mistakes that delay the process at times. Just my thoughts.

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
I never used a Lawyer either , seems a waste of money for self explanatory questions , some Lawyers charge the earth and abuse peoples trust ! on the other hand some people need to use a Lawyer to help with the progress of their app. I wouldnt suggest using one ! save yourself the $5000.00 buy yourself something nice :p

lynw

Jul 1, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-07-2010
Med's Done....
17-05-2010
Passport Req..
25-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2010
LANDED..........
23-09-2010
Tallen said:
I did not see what good getting a lawyer would be, it's funny they show you a stack of papers that are near as high as a soda can with the caption “Do you really think you can do this alone” lol. It is all evidence really and that can only come from you so outside of checking some of your forms and maybe offering some advice everything has to come from you anyhow, so I did not see the overall use of getting one. I am sure there is many good imigration lawyers but as others have said they make mistakes that delay the process at times. Just my thoughts.
Absolutely agreed. This forum has been more help to us than a lawyer could have been. And none of the process is rocket science, it just needs patience and persistence, and sometimes a little ingenuity.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The best lawyer is yourself... If you can do it yourself and you are positive you will make it through.
Cheers,

Yaya Marei

Aug 25, 2010
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/8/2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 2010
Med's Request
1l7 2011
Med's Done....
3/7 /2011
Interview........
28/6/2011
Passport Req..
17/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
21/8/2011
LANDED..........
31/8 /2011 Insallah
beauhoe said:
The best lawyer is yourself... If you can do it yourself and you are positive you will make it through.
Cheers,
I think it is wrong , lets look at thisin other side

Many people have been asked to subment more document, our there paper has been not complited why,simple they do not know, who is the best one know the lawyer.

but there a lot of bad fish outside so you need to look so deep to find a good one ,same as lwayer there a lot of bad but there is good too.

one visit for lwayer should not cost a lot but will help too, you do not have to have him in all process , just when you done one visit ask if your papers are good or not,

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
I admit that if your English is not good, it is a good idea to get help from somebody. It doesn't necessarily have to be a lawyer, but a lawyer could do it.

sierra_rose

Jun 15, 2010
i had my appeal hearing date,my lawyer told me to cancel my hearing because i will never win,he was most convincing.he told me to give him $3500 retainer fee and let him work on the case.i respectfully refused,sent in my evidence,went to the haering on my own and won,so they don't always do what's best for you.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yaya Marei said:
I think it is wrong , lets look at thisin other side

Many people have been asked to subment more document, our there paper has been not complited why,simple they do not know, who is the best one know the lawyer.

but there a lot of bad fish outside so you need to look so deep to find a good one ,same as lwayer there a lot of bad but there is good too.

one visit for lwayer should not cost a lot but will help too, you do not have to have him in all process , just when you done one visit ask if your papers are good or not,
Hello friend,
I may be wrong but it doesn't mean that what you are saying here is true either. Having a lawyer helping you with the papers is not going to speed up the procedure. After all Canada immigration forms are straight forward so why call a lawyer for something that you can do on your own? After all you are going to give the lawyer all your information and he/she is not going to add anything to make it like woooooh to the VO. Look I am not here to convince you of the using or not a lawyer but I am telling you that it is a waste of time and money. Moreover, CIC recommends that you do it yourself...
Cheers,

Tallen

Star Member
May 7, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/05/2010
AOR Received.
14/06/2010
File Transfer...
29/06/2010
Med's Done....
12/04/2010
Passport Req..
26/01/2011
VISA ISSUED...
27/01/2011
LANDED..........
29/11/2011
sierra_rose said:
evidence,went to the haering on my own and won,so they don't always do what's best for you.
Well there not your friend lol, they hardly care about "us" more then $$$$, the reality of the situation I think is to them we are only money, and to us this means everything so they have less to worry about either way. Yes there is some that say not approved you do not pay, however they do not take any cases that are not under their estimation simple. I just think on a whole the forms look long and scary at first but are simple enough to fill out over time and I would not leave my future up to someone only interested in $$$$. Everything has to come from you as a couple anyhow guess I just think after our experience it is not hard to do it all yourself.

I think if anything an application from the Heart will be seen more genuine then one from a law firm that may specialize and coach or suggest wordings to answer questions. Trust me if someone would of said a Immigration lawer would of spead up our process I would of had one! as this time apart is very hard. Again I point to the stories you can find everywhere of train wrecks with no suvivors where a lawyer is involved. Yes we only here the bad stories but Yeh not for me lol :)

shawngt2

Jul 18, 2010
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-9-2010
Doc's Request.
13-1-2011
AOR Received.
22-11-2010
File Transfer...
5-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-8-2010
Passport Req..
5-5-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-5-2011
LANDED..........
23-5-2011
I agree with most here. If you understand English well and read word for word...Everything this is there. You also have a help line to call and ask questions, and yes I had to call 5-6 occasions. In the guide it states that using a representative does not make any difference to the decision. I think a lawyer should only be used for what I explain above of if you have a complicated case, medical issues, employment issues, children with ex husbands/wives that won't allow them to leave.. things like that. If it's just a straight case, I think you take a chance to risk because NOBODY cares about your application as much as you do, so you are bound to do a much thorough job...period