+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Needed guidance on Canadian PR process.

Jun 28, 2024
  1. I am new to Canada PR process and I have hired an immigration consultant. I want to know if it's the right decision.
  2. Also, what are my chances of achieving the minimum score and getting Invitation to Apply and get the PR eventually?
  3. I have a a Master's degree in Civil Engineering (specialization in Transportation/Traffic) from the US. Plus I have around 3 years of work experience in the US. Will this increase my chances to get higher ranking score? krogerfeedbacksurvey

Last edited:

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
  1. I am new to Canada PR process and I have hired an immigration consultant. I want to know if it's the right decision.
  2. Also, what are my chances of achieving the minimum score and getting Invitation to Apply and get the PR eventually?
  3. I have a a Master's degree in Civil Engineering (specialization in Transportation/Traffic) from the US. Plus I have around 3 years of work experience in the US. Will this increase my chances to get higher ranking score?
1. It all boils down to choice. Some people were successful using consultants and some by diy. Not all are successful on both sides.

2 and 3 can be easily answered by your consultant if they are legit licensed RCIC. i would suggest to get as much as you can from them since you paid them. It won’t make sense if you pay them and get information from somewhere else.

Reactions: bellaluna

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
  3. I have a a Master's degree in Civil Engineering (specialization in Transportation/Traffic) from the US. Plus I have around 3 years of work experience in the US. Will this increase my chances to get higher ranking score?
Having a Master's increases your chances. Living and working in the US does not.

No one can tell you what your chances or of achieving the minimum score to be selected. You'll either need to rely on your consultant to figure that out or do substantially more research yourself to determine this.