+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need urgent help with IEC!

Canada8197

Jul 10, 2017
I certainly did not expect to get an invitation to apply for IEC after only one week...

Please help me with this;

Do you want to work in one of the following jobs?

• health sciences worker
  • clinical laboratory worker
  • patient attendant in nursing or geriatric homes
  • medical student admitted to Canada to attend university
  • medical elective and physician on short term assignment
  • teacher of primary or secondary schools or other teachers of small children
  • domestics worker, someone who gives in-home care to children, the elderly and the disabled
  • day nursery worker

I DO want to be a NURSE in the future once I apply for PR through my partner, but not now. Therefore should I state yes or no to this question? Any advice? I'm afraid of getting rejected...
To clarify, I am from NZ.

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
The question is, for the application now, will you be applying for a nurse? Because if you decide to purse it later then you do not need to mention it right now.

Canada8197

Jul 10, 2017
Thank you. Any tips or advice on this application, or is it not that complicated? As I'm afraid of getting rejected.
I currently reside in Canada already, have a solid insurance plan until 2018, and have 9 grand in savings. Does that help?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I certainly did not expect to get an invitation to apply for IEC after only one week...

Please help me with this;

Do you want to work in one of the following jobs?

• health sciences worker
  • clinical laboratory worker
  • patient attendant in nursing or geriatric homes
  • medical student admitted to Canada to attend university
  • medical elective and physician on short term assignment
  • teacher of primary or secondary schools or other teachers of small children
  • domestics worker, someone who gives in-home care to children, the elderly and the disabled
  • day nursery worker

I DO want to be a NURSE in the future once I apply for PR through my partner, but not now. Therefore should I state yes or no to this question? Any advice? I'm afraid of getting rejected...
To clarify, I am from NZ.
if you answer yes to this question you will probably be asked to have a medical before your permit is approved. If you have no intention to work in any of these areas whilst on an IEC then answer no. What you plan to do in future with your PR application is irrelevant as far as this question goes.

It is not easy to get rejected for an IEC but does happen. Just make sure you read each question carefully in the profile as is easy to put a 'no' answer when maybe should have been a 'yes' .

Also you say you 'reside' in Canada which is not something to boast about on an IEC application unless you are on a current work permit that allows you to live in Canada. You cannot really say your residence is Canada if you are visiting although you have not stated your current status in the country.

When you get your POE letter you will need to flagpole at a Canada/ US border where you will need to show insurance that includes not only medical but also repatriation to home country for the full term of your IEC plus of course proof of funds.

So although you say you have insurance through 2018 given NZers get upto 23 months you need cover through 2019 else you will only get an IEC through to when your 2018 policy expires.

Last edited:

Canada8197

Jul 10, 2017
Hi bs65. I will be honest and say I just want IEC as a temporary bridge as we are supposed to apply for common law but screwed up and only have official proof since April this year. IEC gives me opportunity to not only work but stay for longer without a need of an extension. I'm currently on a visitor status and I do have legal status. I'm not overstaying nor staying illegally 10000%. However it says country of current residence so I put Canada as I'm not lying about that, that is where I am right now, with my common law partner (Canadian citizen). I have stated no for the job part as I don't plan on working as a nurse until AFTER pr. I was told to state my common law partner in IEC by somebody here because it is technically true, we just didnt have solid proof until later and thus we are taking the safer route of waiting it out.

Any advice on residence though as it's already greyed out from invitation to apply? I have stated in my extra letter of explanation that I understand I must leave Canada after the permit expires regardless of what happens unless if another application is otherwise approved, as well as me living in Canada at the moment with a valid visitor status as he's a citizen. Is that wrong? As for funds I have a joint account with my partner that shows about 8 grand in savings and 14 grand in mutual funds. Is that enough? Does me already being in Canada legally affect my application at all?

Last edited: