+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need urgent help please!

OtherSide23

Jun 26, 2014
Hey guys,
I'm a third year geology student who has been accepted to the University of Alberta for fall semester 2014. I was wondering what visa to apply for, considering I'm studying for only 4 months, and am planning on working during my studies and afterwards up until april 2015). I began to apply for the IEC working holiday visa, but upon careful consideration, believe this to be the wrong path to take.

3. Is it possible to enrol in a course during my stay in Canada while participating in the IEC initiative?

Yes, but the course (or courses) must be completed within a six-month period. You may not sign up for a course that is part of a program lasting more than six months (such as a two-year program or four-year degree program). In this case, a separate study permit would be required. The working holiday experiences through International Experience Canada may not be combined with formal studies.

I believe my study to be considered formal. Is this true? Should I apply for the student working visa if I want to work in bars etc after my study? Thanks for your time

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

OtherSide23 said:
Hey guys,
I'm a third year geology student who has been accepted to the University of Alberta for fall semester 2014. I was wondering what visa to apply for, considering I'm studying for only 4 months, and am planning on working during my studies and afterwards up until april 2015). I began to apply for the IEC working holiday visa, but upon careful consideration, believe this to be the wrong path to take.

3. Is it possible to enrol in a course during my stay in Canada while participating in the IEC initiative?

Yes, but the course (or courses) must be completed within a six-month period. You may not sign up for a course that is part of a program lasting more than six months (such as a two-year program or four-year degree program). In this case, a separate study permit would be required. The working holiday experiences through International Experience Canada may not be combined with formal studies.

I believe my study to be considered formal. Is this true? Should I apply for the student working visa if I want to work in bars etc after my study? Thanks for your time

And also under IEC, your course cannot be part of a university degree. You best option is to apply for a SP (even if the course duration is less than 6 months).