+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Urgent Help for my 81 year old Mother!

kamsum

Feb 7, 2022
Need emergency help regrading my mother. She is 81 year old and here in Canada on visitor visa twice time I got visitor record application approval, due to covid Restriction in travel and my mother health condition I applied for Visitor Record again and this time it has been refused and I received below mention refusal letter.

Therefore, you are not eligible to have your temporary resident status restored. Since you no longer hold temporary resident status in Canada your application for a Visitor Record is also refused. You are a person in Canada without legal status and as such are required to leave Canada immediately. If you do not leave Canada voluntarily, enforcement action may be taken against you

On the basis of this decision can please anybody help me and give me legal advice what is the best of best for my 81-year-old mother due to health condition and what will effect in my mother visit visa status she has already multiple visa up to 2024.

What is mean to leave Canada immediately can I get couple of week time period to take out from Canada I am here in London and need some time to arrange her travel also she is sick.

Need Urgent Help! Thanks in advance all of you for you advice!

august_leo

Star Member
Oct 8, 2021
Ottawa
I feel sad hearing this. I think the only option is for your mother to leave the country immediately. You should consider applying supervisa for her.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Need emergency help regrading my mother. She is 81 year old and here in Canada on visitor visa twice time I got visitor record application approval, due to covid Restriction in travel and my mother health condition I applied for Visitor Record again and this time it has been refused and I received below mention refusal letter.

Therefore, you are not eligible to have your temporary resident status restored. Since you no longer hold temporary resident status in Canada your application for a Visitor Record is also refused. You are a person in Canada without legal status and as such are required to leave Canada immediately. If you do not leave Canada voluntarily, enforcement action may be taken against you

On the basis of this decision can please anybody help me and give me legal advice what is the best of best for my 81-year-old mother due to health condition and what will effect in my mother visit visa status she has already multiple visa up to 2024.

What is mean to leave Canada immediately can I get couple of week time period to take out from Canada I am here in London and need some time to arrange her travel also she is sick.

Need Urgent Help! Thanks in advance all of you for you advice!
You won't get any legal advice here. None of us are lawyers.

You can try to restore her status but this is unlikely to be successful given how long she has already been in Canada and this most recent refusal. The best option is for her to leave Canada. You should aim to have her leave within 30 days of receiving this refusal.

Her visa is still valid. However you'll want to wait a while before she tries to re-enter Canada again as a visitor given how long she has been here on this trip. My recommendation is for her to remain outside of Canada for a minimum of six months (longer would be better) before attempting to return.

As said in the post above, you can consider applying for a super visa which would allow her to visit Canada for longer periods of time. If you decide to apply for the super visa, I would personally hold off doing that until she has returned to her home country and at least six months have passed.

Reactions: august_leo

kamsum

Feb 7, 2022
You won't get any legal advice here. None of us are lawyers.

You can try to restore her status but this is unlikely to be successful given how long she has already been in Canada and this most recent refusal. The best option is for her to leave Canada. You should aim to have her leave within 30 days of receiving this refusal.

Her visa is still valid. However you'll want to wait a while before she tries to re-enter Canada again as a visitor given how long she has been here on this trip. My recommendation is for her to remain outside of Canada for a minimum of six months (longer would be better) before attempting to return.

As said in the post above, you can consider applying for a super visa which would allow her to visit Canada for longer periods of time. If you decide to apply for the super visa, I would personally hold off doing that until she has returned to her home country and at least six months have passed.
@scylla and @august_leo !Thanks for your fast reply! I really appreciate it

Can I contact Canada citizenship again and explain situation that my mother is sick and due to fear of COVID please reconsider her restore application and give few weeks for making arrangement for her travel. Can you please advise me for below mention question.

Did my mother need to inform to Canada Citizenship before leaving?

Is there any possible chance of any problem at the time when she is leaving Canada (meaning during exit from Canada at the time boarding in plane)?

Is Canada immigration department normally update her status in system when will my mother will leave Canada?
Thanks a lot!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
@scylla and @august_leo !Thanks for your fast reply! I really appreciate it

Can I contact Canada citizenship again and explain situation that my mother is sick and due to fear of COVID please reconsider her restore application and give few weeks for making arrangement for her travel. Can you please advise me for below mention question.

Did my mother need to inform to Canada Citizenship before leaving?

Is there any possible chance of any problem at the time when she is leaving Canada (meaning during exit from Canada at the time boarding in plane)?

Is Canada immigration department normally update her status in system when will my mother will leave Canada?
Thanks a lot!
There is no point calling anyone. They will not restore her access through a simple call. If you want to try to restore her status, you need to submit a restoration application.

No, she doesn't need to inform anyone before leaving.

No, she won't have any issues leaving.