+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need to know where/how should I apply for driving license authentication letter from the US

randomking

May 30, 2018
Hi all,

I am new entrant to Canada on PR status and entered Canada in May 2018. I have stayed in the US for six years and used to hold a valid US drivers license issued in the state of Illinois, from April 2013 and was valid up to July 2017. I have driven on this license for atleast 3 years. I want to now apply for a driving license in Canada. I have heard that if you get a driving license authentication letter from the motor vehicles license authority body of the country from where you have driving experience (which in my case would be the US) I can directly be qualified to take a higher grade license. So it would be really helpful if anyone can answer the following questions:

1. To which regulatory body should be I applying for this letter? And how should I apply it?

2. What license will I be able to qualify: G2 license(which requires 8 or 12 months) or G license(which requires 24 months) since I have 36 months of driving experience?

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
Hi all,

I am new entrant to Canada on PR status and entered Canada in May 2018. I have stayed in the US for six years and used to hold a valid US drivers license issued in the state of Illinois, from April 2013 and was valid up to July 2017. I have driven on this license for atleast 3 years. I want to now apply for a driving license in Canada. I have heard that if you get a driving license authentication letter from the motor vehicles license authority body of the country from where you have driving experience (which in my case would be the US) I can directly be qualified to take a higher grade license. So it would be really helpful if anyone can answer the following questions:

1. To which regulatory body should be I applying for this letter? And how should I apply it?

2. What license will I be able to qualify: G2 license(which requires 8 or 12 months) or G license(which requires 24 months) since I have 36 months of driving experience?
Is ur US license still valid? I don't think the Canadian authorities will accept an expired one.