+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need to inform CIC?

loida86

Star Member
Apr 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had my passport renewed in the Philippines when I had my vacation last month. I am currently working as a live-in caregiver.. my question is, do I have to inform the CIC about my passport renewal since I have a different passport number now?

thanks for your attention!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

loida86 said:
I had my passport renewed in the Philippines when I had my vacation last month. I am currently working as a live-in caregiver.. my question is, do I have to inform the CIC about my passport renewal since I have a different passport number now?

thanks for your attention!
No.

PMM

loida86

Star Member
Apr 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks PMM for your reply.

I know this is out of topic, but i just want to ask if I need to renew my trv and my work permit which will both expire come January 2011. I will finish my 2 years contract on september this year and my employer said that they will still hire me for another year. I am going to apply for my permanent residence on October. But by that time i only have 3 months valid work permit and trv. Do i have to renew them both? If yes, when can i possibly apply for renewal?

Thank you again in advance..

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

loida86 said:
thanks PMM for your reply.

I know this is out of topic, but i just want to ask if I need to renew my trv and my work permit which will both expire come January 2011. I will finish my 2 years contract on september this year and my employer said that they will still hire me for another year. I am going to apply for my permanent residence on October. But by that time i only have 3 months valid work permit and trv. Do i have to renew them both? If yes, when can i possibly apply for renewal?

Thank you again in advance..
1. You need to renew the work permit with a new LMO, about 2/3 months before it runs out.
2. Once you have a new work permit, then you apply to a CIC/CHC in the US for a new TRV.

PMM

shangi

Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi loida..

is there any problem when you return to canada after your vacation? actually, we have the same status about our passports..i also renewed mine upon my vacation here but on the day of my departure the airline denied me from going back to Canada because my visa was attached to my old passport.

Did you encounter the same problem with mine? Please reply...

loida86

Star Member
Apr 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shangi said:
hi loida..

is there any problem when you return to canada after your vacation? actually, we have the same status about our passports..i also renewed mine upon my vacation here but on the day of my departure the airline denied me from going back to Canada because my visa was attached to my old passport.

Did you encounter the same problem with mine? Please reply...
hi Shangi,

No, i didnt have any problem at all. I just showed my old passport which has my wp and trv and new passport and the airline ticket to the check-in counter. No questions asked. Only thing was when I arrved at the Vancouver airport, the immigration officer didnt stamp arrived on my new passport, so I had to go to the immigration office and ask them to put my date of return or arrival.

shangi

Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was so disappointed on the things i have been through all these days.. I already spent thousands of money because of this, actually i was at the canadian embassy manila yesterday because the consulate in Cebu told me to go there to have my visa re-stamped to my new passport but when I was already there at the office I was adviced to get a re entry visa because the visa in the old passport cannot be re-stamped to the new passport once the visa has been used. I don't even have a letter from my employer because we are here together for a vacation but they returned to Canada ahead of me because of what had happened. Can you show me a letter from your employer please just for a referral.. I don't have an idea neither my employer on how to make the letter.

Thanks a lot!!!