+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need to inform CIC about Canada BV?

CanadaSAP

Aug 20, 2014
Hi All,

I had applied for Canada PR under CEC. I got the AOR 3 months ago and I am waiting for the medicals.

My employer is processing my Canada BV (Business visa). Please let me know if I have to inform CIC about this after the receiving the BV?

Regards,

cee12345

Dec 23, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC in Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-12-2014 (Received in Ottawa on May-14-2014)
Doc's Request.
Sent PCC on Sep-4-2014 (without any request from CIC)
AOR Received.
June-25-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Dec-22-2014
Med's Done....
Dec-23-2014 (by Dr. Gabor Lantos - Uploaded via eMedical on Jan-13-2015. ECAS updated to Medical Received on Jan-16-2015)
Passport Req..
March 23, 2015 at 9:37PM (ECAS Status changed to Decision Made on March 24, 2015)
VISA ISSUED...
March 25, 2015
LANDED..........
May 10, 2015
CanadaSAP said:
Hi All,

I had applied for Canada PR under CEC. I got the AOR 3 months ago and I am waiting for the medicals.

My employer is processing my Canada BV (Business visa). Please let me know if I have to inform CIC about this after the receiving the BV?

Regards,
why would your employer apply you for Business Visa - it is only for business people.
Here is the link for Business Visa - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/business-who.asp

CanadaSAP

Aug 20, 2014
Thanks for the reply.

I will be on a short term visit to Canada to attend workshops and my employer is processing my BV.

Any one kindly let me know if I need to inform the same to CIC?

cee12345

Dec 23, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC in Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-12-2014 (Received in Ottawa on May-14-2014)
Doc's Request.
Sent PCC on Sep-4-2014 (without any request from CIC)
AOR Received.
June-25-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Dec-22-2014
Med's Done....
Dec-23-2014 (by Dr. Gabor Lantos - Uploaded via eMedical on Jan-13-2015. ECAS updated to Medical Received on Jan-16-2015)
Passport Req..
March 23, 2015 at 9:37PM (ECAS Status changed to Decision Made on March 24, 2015)
VISA ISSUED...
March 25, 2015
LANDED..........
May 10, 2015
CanadaSAP said:
Thanks for the reply.

I will be on a short term visit to Canada to attend workshops and my employer is processing my BV.

Any one kindly let me know if I need to inform the same to CIC?
You do not need to as it is the same as a Visitor Visa (check the site that I gave you: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/business-who.asp).
You are still employed outside Canada (I assume) and it will be less than six months anyway.

If you are a business visitor and you need a visa to visit Canada, you must apply for a temporary resident visa, just like any other visitor to Canada. There is no separate application for business visitors.

As a business visitor, you must show that:

you plan to stay for less than six months,
you do not plan to enter the Canadian labour market,
your main place of business, and source of income and profits, is outside Canada,
you have documents that support your application and
you meet Canada's basic entry requirements, because you
have a valid travel document, such as a passport,
have enough money for your stay and to return home,
plan to leave Canada at the end of your visit and
are not a criminal, security or health risk to Canadians.

Good Luck!

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
CanadaSAP said:
Hi All,

Regards,
your PR application which is under process has no effect on any of your current travelling plans. you are free to apply any visa of any country.
for business purpose there are two type of visa categories.
1) in which you make heavy investments (which is normally a amount in millions and a long procedure)
2) a short term which is the same visit visa (There is no separate application for business visitors.)

if you are talking about the second option then no one can apply a visit visa or process a visit visa (as it is normal trv which a general tourist apply for) on your behalf or sponsor you for this type of visa. it will be purely based on your personal circumstances, stability and ties to your home country.

So in short the answer to your question is YES you can apply for a visit visa while your PR application is under process" and cic will automatically come to know that you are applying for a visit visa (once you submit your application) and you already have a PR application in their system which is under process.

the only thing to remain caution of is that as you already have applied a PR (CEC category) on the basis that you have lived more than 12 months in canada and cic has all your record and information so avoid any misrepresentation (false statement) cuz a single misrepresentation can cancel your PR application.

Hope it helps