+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need to apply spouse open work permit for myself

Oct 14, 2019
Hey,

Firstly You should have applied for your SOWP with your husbands Study Permit. (They process SOWP faster that way,)

Anyways, I would suggest you apply for a Visit visa & try to apply for inland OWP. Visit Visa Processing time is 50Days, Whereas Outland OWP processing time is 43 Weeks.

If you get a visit visa & apply for OWP from there they do process applications faster.

There's very little information available SOWP & those who all go their visa's approved don't bother to respond to other applicants in these forums.

Oct 14, 2019
She moved to Canada for SEP 2019 intake. We did not know it would be easier if we apply for my SOWP with her student & later we thought we will wait for her PGWP work permit to be approved so that my application would be refusal proof (No one suggested Canada immigration will change OWP processing timings very regularly. When I applied it was 16weeks & then 24 & 36 & then 32 & now its 43weeks)

My Wife has been on PGWP & working since Dec 2020. I have been waiting since April 2021 & Recently just Recently on NOV 25th 2021, they accepted my Medicals.

P.S 3months will become JUST if you start to deal with Canadian Immigration.