+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need some information

schpean

Dec 12, 2023
I am from an European country looking for a remote job in IT field in Canada. I also have a Computer science degree and have 2 years experience in an international company as Sysadmin. What exactly are the requirements so I am eligible to get hired from a Canadian Employer?
Do I need to get a job offer first? What exactly International Mobility Program and how does it affect to the fact that I am in CETA?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am from an European country looking for a remote job in IT field in Canada. I also have a Computer science degree and have 2 years experience in an international company as Sysadmin. What exactly are the requirements so I am eligible to get hired from a Canadian Employer?
Do I need to get a job offer first? What exactly International Mobility Program and how does it affect to the fact that I am in CETA?
If you want a remote IT job then you can be hired by a company and not come to Canada. You can work in your home. If you want to work in Canada, Apply for jobs on Canadian job sites like Indeed. You need a job offer and your employer needs to file for and pay $1k for a LMIA. The LMIA shows that no Canadian or PR could be hired, only you. Then with LMIA, you apply for a closed work permit. For the permit, you show that you are experienced to do the job. Depending on the job requirements, you may need IELTS for language and ECA for education. Most if not all jobs posted will say that you must be a citizen, PR or a person with work authorization to apply so no point in applying for those jobs.

What is your citizenship? How old are you?

schpean

Dec 12, 2023
I am from Romania and I`m 27yo. So first I need a job offer and after a LMIA. Is getting a LMIA a fast forward process, or is there a lottery like a H1B visas? What is the approval rate?
ps: How long does the LMIA last, after how long does the work permit expires?
ps2:
CETA also makes it easier for highly skilled European workers to work in Canada. If you are a citizen of an EU country, you may be eligible for a work permit under CETA’s International Mobility Program without the requirement for an LMIA.
I saw on this website that is not required of getting a LMIA if I am an European citizen.

Last edited:

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
IT is not really that special, we already have tons of so called IT people in Canada. Are you better than a Canadian citizen?

schpean

Dec 12, 2023
IT is not really that special, we already have tons of so called IT people in Canada. Are you better than a Canadian citizen?
I can`t really compare to the average Canada citizen, because I don`t have sufficient data. I was wondering if there is any way :)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am from Romania and I`m 27yo. So first I need a job offer and after a LMIA. Is getting a LMIA a fast forward process, or is there a lottery like a H1B visas? What is the approval rate?
ps: How long does the LMIA last, after how long does the work permit expires?
ps2:
I saw on this website that is not required of getting a LMIA if I am an European citizen.
You don’t meet LMIA exemption unless it is through an inter company transfer. There is no lottery. So you need a LMIA and need employer to prove no Canadian or PR has the education or skills to do the job, only you.