+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need some Information regarding PCC

gunnu3007

Sep 4, 2021
Hello,

I recently got ITA on October 24th I'm so thankful for that, i am trying to submit my documents and i need to submit PCC along with the document set.

I got my PCC from Indian consulate in Toronto on 1st August 2023 through postal services.
I travelled back to India on 28th July 2023.

I have been in India ever since 28th July 2023 due to a client request in my Canadian job. So my question is - can i submit the documents along with PCC that i received on 1st August while India itself?

I have been hearing multiple things from multiple sources about issues with PCC and need some help on this matter.

Thanks in Advance

canadasj

Star Member
Sep 29, 2023
Hi,

If you are submitting the application from India
  • You should provide residence as India and contact address for India only
  • Ideally, you should be able to use India PCC even if issued by BLS
    • You should include a Letter of Explanation that you initiated PCC while in Canada but you moved to India and received PCC after it
    • Best Case (Recommended) - Apply new PCC in India. If you get within time - use the new PCC OR upload the Old PCC and in the Letter of explanation mention the above point and also say that you have applied new PCC in India and include proof of the new PCC application. Upload new PCC using webform later once you receive
  • After AOR - you should be able to travel to Canada based on your current work permit and TRV validity before the PR application is approved but most likely you may need to update IRCC through the web form that you have moved to Canada and update your residence/address to Canada
    • Is this allowed or not ? You should consult an immigration lawyer recommended by IRCC

If you are submitting the application as a resident of Canada from India
  • You should not submit the application with a Canada Address/Contact while in India.
    • You should return to Canada and then only submit the application
  • You cannot use the PCC issued in August 2023 since you are in India
    • You should get a new PCC after returning back to Canada and use that only to submit the application

Please note that these responses are based on my understanding and information from various forums and posts.

For any doubts or specific advice, it's always a good idea to consult with an immigration lawyer recommended by IRCC.