+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need some clarifications

Sukanya

Oct 1, 2015
Hi,
Following are my questions:

1) I have enrolled by credentials for the express entry on September 14th 2015. My points is 313(including my spouse). And both my husband's and mine Ielts Score is 6.5. Can you please suggest, if we should reappear for the test again. And if so, then should both of us appear for this test again?
2) In case, we appear and get less marks this time; then will the current marks be considered or the one which is already enrolled in the system?
3) I was working from 2004-till 2013. Thereafter I had a break off from my job. Then on July 2014, I enrolled into a Distance Course of Learning for the MBA program. I have all the necessary documentation for the situations mentioned above (job appointment letter, relieving letter and educational enrollment number etc). So is that a problem, if I am not working full time at present.
4) My MBA course will end up in 2016. I have been successful in my 1st Year examination. Will that carry any weight age in this pool?
Waiting for your reply
Cheers
Sukanya Chatterjee

cartwright

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Sukanya said:
Hi,

1) I have enrolled by credentials for the express entry on September 14th 2015. My points is 313(including my spouse). And both my husband's and mine Ielts Score is 6.5. Can you please suggest, if we should reappear for the test again. And if so, then should both of us appear for this test again?
Suggest to appear again and see if you can pull up your score as the current score is on the lower side. You can use your earlier score if you score less
2) In case, we appear and get less marks this time; then will the current marks be considered or the one which is already enrolled in the system?
3) I was working from 2004-till 2013. Thereafter I had a break off from my job. Then on July 2014, I enrolled into a Distance Course of Learning for the MBA program. I have all the necessary documentation for the situations mentioned above (job appointment letter, relieving letter and educational enrollment number etc). So is that a problem, if I am not working full time at present.
Doesn't matter if you are not working now. As long as you can provide experience proof, that should be good
4) My MBA course will end up in 2016. I have been successful in my 1st Year examination. Will that carry any weight age in this pool?
Only completed and ECA assessed degrees carry weight
Waiting for your reply
Cheers
Sukanya Chatterjee

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Sukanya said:
Hi,

Waiting for your reply
Cheers
Sukanya Chatterjee
1) Yes, re-appear. 6.5 is barely skirting the limits of acceptability. You need to aim for 7.5, and ideally should be 8 or higher.
2) I am not quite sure- I know universities usually accept just the highest score (even highest composite score), but I don't know how CIC works. You can self report just the older score instead of the newer one if the newer one is not as high.
3) No, you not working full time right now is not an issue
4) Only completed degrees are considered in the process, once an ECA is done on them by an ECA service such as WES.

Sukanya

Oct 1, 2015
Hi,
Thanks for the revert. Also would like to appear if we both should appear the test, or one of us would do.

Sukanya

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Sukanya said:
Hi,
Thanks for the revert. Also would like to appear if we both should appear the test, or one of us would do.

Sukanya
practice well and one of you should get clb9 that is very much possible with sincere practice. i did it with a lot of hard work. all the best. your scores might increase drastically after that. I reached to 438.
get L8 and rest 7 each

kopal

Oct 3, 2015
Hi there!
My name is anushka. I wish to apply under express entry for Canadian experience class. When I used the online calculator, I have 410 points.
I wish to apply as soon as I can but i fear if its going to get rejected due to not enough points. Would you please be able to give me an idea if my points are sufficient for applying at this time. I have only 1 year work experience but I have a certificate of qualification as well. I will be very grateful if you could please help me out.
Thanks
Anushka

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kopal said:
Hi there!
My name is anushka. I wish to apply under express entry for Canadian experience class. When I used the online calculator, I have 410 points.
I wish to apply as soon as I can but i fear if its going to get rejected due to not enough points. Would you please be able to give me an idea if my points are sufficient for applying at this time. I have only 1 year work experience but I have a certificate of qualification as well. I will be very grateful if you could please help me out.
Thanks
Anushka
You won't be rejected before getting an ITA. And you're unlikely to get an ITA at 410 in the medium term. Try and see how you can improve your score further to get as close to 450 as possible.