+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need some advice...

ruta_elena

Oct 29, 2009
Hello all!
I just was curious about my boyfriend getting a PR from Canada. He is a UK citizen and I am a Canadian citizen. I am currently in the UK under a working holiday marker visa for the next 2 years. We would love to eventually move back to Canada together when my visa is finished (hopefully before that). We've been together as a couple for 2 1/2 years and been living together since January 2009.

How easy is it for my boyfriend to get his PR for Canada? I am so confused on where to go and don't know where to apply. He doesn't have any skilled trades to obtain a working visa, and we do love each other and want to get married eventually, however I think that might be the only route for us to take, is it?

Anyone have any advice on other ways for my boyfriend to get a PR, that would be wonderful!!
Many Thanks!!

Good luck to all applying!!!

whoopi83

Aug 17, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

Check here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

As common law partners you will need to provide evidence of cohabitation for 12+ months, continuous. Evidence of combining your affairs; joint bank account, lease etc and various other bits and pieces.

The guides for sponsor and applicant should be read very closely.

When you've done that, come and join us on the family class thread! You'll find lots of answers to questions you may have that have already been asked and if not, you can ask and someone very knowledgeable will answer. Posts by rjessome, PMM and ariell plus a few others are usually spot on!

Also, the UK citizen will need a medical - around £250 - £300, a police certificate from UK - £35 (ensure a clean record INCLUDING DWI/DUI or if not look up rehabilitation rules), plus he will need police certificates from any other country he has lived for, I believe, more than 6 months. The application itself will cost around £600/$1040 (assuming £1 = $1.75).