+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need some advice , Post graduation work permit vs masters

lola777

Nov 7, 2014
Hello, I'm new to this forum :) i'm in my last year of a bachelor in psychology and i would eventually like to do my masters or Phd. however for some reason i wouldn't be able to apply for the fall semester , only for the next winter semester. Should i apply for the post graduation work permit ? my concern is that it will be valid for 3 years and i will only use for 6 months as i want to continue my studies . and should i apply for immigration under pnp or masters graduate ?
i'm really confused , any insights ?
thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Something to consider is that you can only apply for the PGWP once. So if you apply for the PGWP and then only use six months of it - you can never apply again and you can't use the remaining months later.

lola777

Nov 7, 2014
scylla said:
Something to consider is that you can only apply for the PGWP once. So if you apply for the PGWP and then only use six months of it - you can never apply again and you can't use the remaining months later.
i know :( that's the issue i have . the thing is that i won't be accepted into a masters or phd program for the fall term since my gpa is low ( i have switched programs ) and they only calculate the last 2 years gpa . so i have to wait until i get all my grades for this year to be able to apply for graduate school , that's why i won't be able to got next september .