+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need LMO for extending Post Graduate Work Permit?

kima777_99

May 8, 2014
The company I worked for hired an employee from Mexico and her Post graduate Work Permit(PGWP) will be expired in August.
I am trying to help her visa extension process.

Her situation is;
-Studied at a vocational school in BC for 1 year and received 1 year PGWP
- Her PGWP will be expired in August 10

I have a several questions.

1) Do we need to get LMO for extending her work permit?

2) Her occupation is NOC5241.
I noticed that in BC NOC 5241 is not required for advertisement.

Do you think we should post advertisement to be safe?
or can we skip it?

3) What kind of supporting document, information did you add to apply for LMO?
I heard more information is better.

4) If we don't receive LMO before August 10, does the employee has to leave Canada? or can she continue work for us until we receive LMO and work permit?

5) If we receive negative LMO, can we try to submit LMO again for her?

6) Do you recommend to use immigration consultant/lawyer for work permit? We are trying to do it by ourselves for now.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1) Yes - she needs an approved LMO to extend her work permit.
2) She must submit the new work permit application before her current work permit expires in August in order to keep working until she has a decision from CIC. It is not enough to just submit the LMO before her current work permit expires (submitting an LMO does not give a person implied status). If she cannot submit the new work permit application before her current work permit expires, then she will need to change her status in Canada to visitor and stop working until the new work permit has been approved (or alternative leave Canada and wait for the new work permit to be approved from outside of Canada).

kima777_99

May 8, 2014
scylla said:
1) Yes - she needs an approved LMO to extend her work permit.
2) She must submit the new work permit application before her current work permit expires in August in order to keep working until she has a decision from CIC. It is not enough to just submit the LMO before her current work permit expires (submitting an LMO does not give a person implied status). If she cannot submit the new work permit application before her current work permit expires, then she will need to change her status in Canada to visitor and stop working until the new work permit has been approved (or alternative leave Canada and wait for the new work permit to be approved from outside of Canada).
Thank you very much for the reply.
I added a few more questions.
If you know anything about it, that would be great.
Thanks.