+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need information

himanshu dua

Nov 28, 2019
My wife submitted documents in jun 2019, and we got married in Oct 2019, she is still waiting for her PPr,
my question is:- if she updates the profile do I also need to submit the documents now? she has to sponsor me now? as i want to stay for some time in my own country, then later i will join her?

will be any issue to get PPR if she update her profile that she married ? what would happen? we are little afraid.

I would be happy if you could help us to guide us what should we do?

thanks in advance.

nri7777

Nov 2, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
My wife submitted documents in jun 2019, and we got married in Oct 2019, she is still waiting for her PPr,
my question is:- if she updates the profile do I also need to submit the documents now? she has to sponsor me now? as i want to stay for some time in my own country, then later i will join her?

will be any issue to get PPR if she update her profile that she married ? what would happen? we are little afraid.

I would be happy if you could help us to guide us what should we do?

thanks in advance.
if you have not informed them yet then its better you do it now and inform them about your marriage via webform and you don't have to submit your documents just the documents related to the marriage.

himanshu dua

Nov 28, 2019
if you have not informed them yet then its better you do it now and inform them about your marriage via webform and you don't have to submit your documents just the documents related to the marriage.
thanks for the information. we are going to inform them now, but will it be any impact on my wife ppr? will they delay it? as the time has come to get he ppr.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
thanks for the information. we are going to inform them now, but will it be any impact on my wife ppr? will they delay it? as the time has come to get he ppr.
Once you inform them they will ask for your documents and you would have to do medical and your background check will be done irrespective of whether you want to move right now or not. Better course of action is to add yourself as accompanying spouse and that way you will get PR with your wife.
Whether it will delay or not can't be predicted but more often than not it will be delayed a bit. But still it is required and you don't have an option to "choose" whether you inform IRCC or not. IRCC rules are clear about this. As soon as family composition changes you need to inform IRCC

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
She'll have to specify that you won't accompany her, because she will lose points the moment she changes her marital status to married, and usually these points have to be made up by the 40 points allocated to the spouse for level of education, Canadian work experience, and language test results.

If the amount of points she loses ends up with her being below the cut-off score for the round of invitation she got her ITA, her application won't be accepted.

So she'll have to state explicitly that you won't accompany her for this not be an issue. This is unless you can provide your ECA and IELTS results to increase her points.

This is how i understand the system works.

himanshu dua

Nov 28, 2019
Once you inform them they will ask for your documents and you would have to do medical and your background check will be done irrespective of whether you want to move right now or not. Better course of action is to add yourself as accompanying spouse and that way you will get PR with your wife.
Whether it will delay or not can't be predicted but more often than not it will be delayed a bit. But still it is required and you don't have an option to "choose" whether you inform IRCC or not. IRCC rules are clear about this. As soon as family composition changes you need to inform IRCC
thanks for so much clarification, some more question is: once I give them medical, and back ground check, do we need to pay another 1000$ ? rest of the document i need to submit later when i want to go ?

himanshu dua

Nov 28, 2019
She'll have to specify that you won't accompany her, because she will lose points the moment she changes her marital status to married, and usually these points have to be made up by the 40 points allocated to the spouse for level of education, Canadian work experience, and language test results.

If the amount of points she loses ends up with her being below the cut-off score for the round of invitation she got her ITA, her application won't be accepted.

So she'll have to state explicitly that you won't accompany her for this not be an issue. This is unless you can provide your ECA and IELTS results to increase her points.

This is how i understand the system works.
i have seen so many videos and blogs they are saying if you change your marital status after submission the document to IRCC then the score will be not recalculated? am it right ? or they have changed their rule?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
i have seen so many videos and blogs they are saying if you change your marital status after submission the document to IRCC then the score will be not recalculated? am it right ? or they have changed their rule?
Ignore videos and blogs. They are full of wrong information.

It's mandatory that your wife add you to her application. It's not an option.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Score won't be recalculated. You don't need to pay fees if you're non accompanying spouse. But as I said if you are adding yourself now it makes no sense to add you as non accompanying. Better would be to add yourself to accompanying spouse. Would save you a lot of hassle later.

himanshu dua

Nov 28, 2019
Score won't be recalculated. You don't need to pay fees if you're non accompanying spouse. But as I said if you are adding yourself now it makes no sense to add you as non accompanying. Better would be to add yourself to accompanying spouse. Would save you a lot of hassle later.
thanks i got so much information, feeling relax now, we have already informed to IRCC after getting information from you. my last question is this the only way to fill online form (https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=New Delhi) to inform them ? or we need to do apart from this?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
thanks i got so much information, feeling relax now, we have already informed to IRCC after getting information from you. my last question is this the only way to fill online form (https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=New Delhi) to inform them ? or we need to do apart from this?
Fill the generic webform. Don't direct your webform to just Delhi visa office. Not all applications are sent to local visa office for processing. It's possible your application is being processed in Ottawa.

himanshu dua

Nov 28, 2019
Fill the generic webform. Don't direct your webform to just Delhi visa office. Not all applications are sent to local visa office for processing. It's possible your application is being processed in Ottawa.
thanks so much for your adise, we took it and rcvd the response from them.... thanks so much once again....

Reactions: cansha