+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Information

pavanik01

Mar 9, 2009
I am in US and applying for immigration. I am required to produce a police clearance certificate from India. Can anyone let me know how can I obtain a clearance certificate from India . What is required from me to take or send to Indian Embassy over here. What are the List of things needed?
Secondly, for FBI certificate, I understand i need to post them the cover letter, nominal fee and finger printing form. what does cover letter contain? what is it? Finger printing from police dept if i am right.
Thirdly do I need state clearance as well from all states where i lived for more than a period of 6 months? how should i proceed with this. What is the procedure and things to get state clearance. Do i need to go to the local police dept from each state and follow it or can i sit at one place and submit the needed doc . what are the needed docs??

lastly about reference letter. can anyone give the sample letter/format and base information required to present in the letter.
Thank you.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
CIC sent me a form once that i used to apply for police clearance. Some authorities need a letter from the authorities requiring the PCC, so i used this form as a substitute for the letter.

You would need PCC for each state that you lived in for longer than 6 months. You should go to the PCC site on CIC website. It has all the addresses of the local PCC issuers and how to get them and if you go to the website for each state PCC issuer, it will say what the requirements are.

Cover letter can also be just a letter to say that you want PCC but most people don't require them, you can just use the form from CIC as a substitute. hope this helps

ADA

Mar 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Mar 2009
Doc's Request.
07 Apr 2009 - Sent on 29 Jun 2009
Please refer to the instructions for all US related PCCs (I did it entirely based on instructions, for all states-CA-MI I got PCC with in 3 weeks, FBi in 3 weeks as well)

I did Indian PCC from Chicago Consulate. Its a lenghty process, It took me 60 days(2 caledar months)to get the PCC. Please visit the website for Chicago or if you live in states outside Chicago jurisdiction, you may have to contact respective Consulate. Visit Washington DC area Consulate for this detail.
Alternatively try getting the PCC from India (If you have some political clout - you can get the PCC in 1 week)

pavanik01

Mar 9, 2009
Thanks for your response . I would like to know if we need finger printed clearance certificate from all the states also . I know that you need to get Finger printing Clearance Certificate from FBI , is this the case with state clearance also.

When I go through the state website , few states I stayed in the past are able to provide my clearance certificates online one I pay the needed fees. But will this be sufficient to submit to CIC. or do I send them my finger prints to identify my records based on my finger prints . I would really appreciated if someone could clarify this confusion.

Thanks,
Pavani