+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Information Regarding MPNP

Rocky_0117

May 30, 2024
Hello Everyone,
So I have completed my 2 year diploma certificate from Ontario (Dec, 2021), after that I got my PGWP for 3 years and for the past 2 years I wasn’t able to get a proper NOC B or above job during that time and I worked as a Overnight associate at Walmart during that period. Since I don’t see getting my PR there so I moved to Winnipeg where my brother lives who is a Canadian PR and now I am left with just one year of work permit, so if I start working in Winnipeg for let’s say 6 months and become eligible to apply for MPNP with enough points (I also have bachelor from back home), now what I am confused about is that, since the MPNP will take like 6 months or more by that time my work permit will be finished, so my question is can I still stay and work legally since my file is under process in the MPNP (Implied status) or should I go with the employer who can provide me LMIA for that after my permit expires ( since my PR application is still in process) so I can apply for a closed work permit until I get the approval of my MPNP. Or should I move to other places outside of Winnipeg for RNIP. Kindly suggest me the best course of action I should take here.
Thank you in advance.

Mandalorian

Nov 21, 2019
winnipeg
NOC Code......
Hello Everyone,
So I have completed my 2 year diploma certificate from Ontario (Dec, 2021), after that I got my PGWP for 3 years and for the past 2 years I wasn’t able to get a proper NOC B or above job during that time and I worked as a Overnight associate at Walmart during that period. Since I don’t see getting my PR there so I moved to Winnipeg where my brother lives who is a Canadian PR and now I am left with just one year of work permit, so if I start working in Winnipeg for let’s say 6 months and become eligible to apply for MPNP with enough points (I also have bachelor from back home), now what I am confused about is that, since the MPNP will take like 6 months or more by that time my work permit will be finished, so my question is can I still stay and work legally since my file is under process in the MPNP (Implied status) or should I go with the employer who can provide me LMIA for that after my permit expires ( since my PR application is still in process) so I can apply for a closed work permit until I get the approval of my MPNP. Or should I move to other places outside of Winnipeg for RNIP. Kindly suggest me the best course of action I should take here.
Thank you in advance.

I studied in Ontario and I was not able to find work in my stream. So, I moved to WPG when I still had 7 months left in my work permit. I was also under the impression that you need to work only for 6 months. That's wrong.
That's only for people who studied in Manitoba. For ppl who studied in other province you need to work for one year.
I got lucky since my work permit got extended during that time. And I was able to be invited for nomination.
I also moved here(WPPG) after securing the job in Ontario(Online interview).

Rocky_0117

May 30, 2024
I studied in Ontario and I was not able to find work in my stream. So, I moved to WPG when I still had 7 months left in my work permit. I was also under the impression that you need to work only for 6 months. That's wrong.
That's only for people who studied in Manitoba. For ppl who studied in other province you need to work for one year.
I got lucky since my work permit got extended during that time. And I was able to be invited for nomination.
I also moved here(WPPG) after securing the job in Ontario(Online interview).
Yeah!, that's what others have also told me, do you know any good resources for LMIA based jobs posting, other than Job bank, I am not getting any replies from there, it's been almost a month now and I am losing time, or any leads would be appreciated.
Thank You.