+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need information on how to receive the first PR card

randomking

May 30, 2018
Hi all,

I have recently moved to Canada on PR status. I applied for my first PR card straight from Toronto International Airport on 10th May 2018. I also linked my PR card application to my GC account.

Yesterday i.e. 07/25/2018 around 3:20 PM EDT I received a notification from my GC account that my PR card has been approved and it status is active. It also mentioned the "Status updated date" = 07/24/2018 and "Expiry date" = 07/20/2023 of the PR card. So I have the following questions regarding receiving my first PR card:

1. Since the PR card status became active, does that mean that the PR card has already been mailed and I should already be in a position to receive it or will it take a few more days to actually receive the PR card? If its a few more days, can I know roughly how many days will I be able to receive it in mail?

2. How will the PR card be delivered i.e. would they simply drop the PR card in any specific or general mailbox or would they personally give it to the resident of the address mentioned?

It would be really helpful if anyone who has received their first PR card or in general anyone who has know-how on this can answer the above questions. Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hard to estimate how long the mail will take plus perhaps some processing time. I would imagine within 10 business days but can't guarantee. It will be left at the address you specified in general mail.