+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need information for TRV at CIC New York

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I will walk-in CIC New York tomorrow for TRV (Employer sponsored). I will reach JFK at 9:00 am. I would appreciate if experienced folks can answer me the following:

A. Do I get visa stamping on my passport within few hours? I have return flight same day at 1:30 pm.
B. How long does it take to travel from JFK to the CIC New York? I think the timings for in-person walk-in is from 8:00 am until 10:30 am. I intend to take a cab from JFK to CIC.

Any additional information would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Taps

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Tapak said:
Hi,
I will walk-in CIC New York tomorrow for TRV (Employer sponsored). I will reach JFK at 9:00 am. I would appreciate if experienced folks can answer me the following:

A. Do I get visa stamping on my passport within few hours? I have return flight same day at 1:30 pm.
B. How long does it take to travel from JFK to the CIC New York? I think the timings for in-person walk-in is from 8:00 am until 10:30 am. I intend to take a cab from JFK to CIC.

Thanks,

Taps
Quite a feat you're trying to accomplish.

Canadian Consulate General - New York City
1251 Avenue of the Americas
Concourse Level
New York, New York
USA
10020-1175
Tel: 1 (212) 596-1628
Fax: 1 (212) 596-1790

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/new_york/imm/permit_work-travail_permis.aspx?lang=eng#REQUIR

Make sure you have exact amount for the visa fee.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Additional Info:

Applicants for Work Permit/Study Permit/Temporary Resident Permit/Travel Document for Permanent Resident Abroad/Landing Verification

Monday, Tuesday and Thursday
1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Applicants will be admitted during these hours only

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/new_york/imm/general_info-rens_generaux.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=206&menu=L

I assume you have a copy of your passport request=))

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
job_seeker said:
Additional Info:

Applicants for Work Permit/Study Permit/Temporary Resident Permit/Travel Document for Permanent Resident Abroad/Landing Verification

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/new_york/imm/general_info-rens_generaux.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=206&menu=L

Sorry, if my orginal post wasn't clear enough.
I am going for TRV stamping and not for PR visa stamping, so timings mentioned are different.

Applicants for Temporary Resident Visa (Visitors) and Travel Document for Permanent Resident Abroad

Monday to Friday
8:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Applicants will be admitted during these hours only.

I haven't received PPR yet. :( This TRV is sponsored by my current US employer for training purpose.

Still a feat that can be performed successfully?

Thanks,

Taps

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
job_seeker said:
Tapak said:
Hi,

Thanks,

Taps
Quite a feat you're trying to accomplish.

Canadian Consulate General - New York City
1251 Avenue of the Americas
Concourse Level
New York, New York
USA
10020-1175
Tel: 1 (212) 596-1628
Fax: 1 (212) 596-1790

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/new_york/imm/permit_work-travail_permis.aspx?lang=eng#REQUIR

Make sure you have exact amount for the visa fee.
I will carry cash USD 130 as per http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/new_york/imm/fees-frais_ny.aspx?lang=eng

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Tapak said:
job_seeker said:
Additional Info:

Sorry, if my orginal post wasn't clear enough.
I am going for TRV stamping and not for PR visa stamping, so timings mentioned are different.

Applicants for Temporary Resident Visa (Visitors) and Travel Document for Permanent Resident Abroad

Monday to Friday
8:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Applicants will be admitted during these hours only.

I haven't received PPR yet. :( This TRV is sponsored by my current US employer for training purpose.

Still a feat that can be performed successfully?

Thanks,

Taps
Okay, but the entire process could go beyond 10:30. They will process everyone who made it inside the Consulate Office till 10:30. Bring your documents (the invitation or proof of training). Hope they wouldn't be hard on you. Let us know what happens. All the best. =))

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here's my timeline at CIC NYC
Reached JFK at 8:55 am
Took a cab to CIC at 9:00 am
Reached inside CIC at 9:50 am
Went through security and paid cash $ 130 at 10:00 am
Was called for quick interview at 12:15 pm
Received stamped passport and was out of CIC by 12:35 pm
Took a cab for JFK but missed my flight by 5 minutes :)
Sitting in JFK airport lobby and waiting for my evening flight.

Things that I learnt - try to keep paper work bare minimum. My application was extensive as it was prepared by my company's law firm but was rock solid. There was no way I would have been denied visitors visa unless I had screwed up intentionally. :)

Officer knew that there was recent update to my PR application but said that he would let visa office to let me know the news (he smiled).

I was offered multiple entry visa until Oct 2010 although my company had requested for three years. The officer explained that he cannot give beyond my H1B validity date.

Next two weeks, I will be in Edmonton for business purpose.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Tapak said:
Here's my timeline at CIC NYC
Reached JFK at 8:55 am
Took a cab to CIC at 9:00 am
Reached inside CIC at 9:50 am
Went through security and paid cash $ 130 at 10:00 am
Was called for quick interview at 12:15 pm
Received stamped passport and was out of CIC by 12:35 pm
Took a cab for JFK but missed my flight by 5 minutes :)
Sitting in JFK airport lobby and waiting for my evening flight.

Things that I learnt - try to keep paper work bare minimum. My application was extensive as it was prepared by my company's law firm but was rock solid. There was no way I would have been denied visitors visa unless I had screwed up intentionally. :)

Officer knew that there was recent update to my PR application but said that he would let visa office to let me know the news (he smiled).

I was offered multiple entry visa until Oct 2010 although my company had requested for three years. The officer explained that he cannot give beyond my H1B validity date.

Next two weeks, I will be in Edmonton for business purpose.
GREEEAAAAAATTTTTT!!!!! Congratulations!!! Now at least we know that having a PR application in progress does not prevent one from obtaining a visitor visa, and a multiple one granted =)). Not an impossible feat after all. All the best Taps!

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
It's great news! Hope all visa offices will do it this way! Congratulations!

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was able to visit Edmonton from 1 Nov until 12th and return back to USA on AVR. While I was in CANADA, I received PPR. I got my IM-1 visa stamped on my passport but they didn't cancel my Business Visitor visa that I got stamped on 29 Nov 2009.