+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need information about Dependent

Zaeem

Mar 29, 2010
Dear Friends,
My father is going to apply for skilled category canadian immigration. And i have an issue. I am 20 years old and did my A-Levels in 2008 may and after that i started CIMA and still I am studying Chartered intstitute of management accountants(CIMA) from Center of Financial Excellence Johar town Lahore. I read somewhere that in order to be a dependent one should be enrolled in a full time education. So before applying immigration should i enroll my self in a bachelors program or my current study is acceptable.Thanks in advance. I am waiting anxiously for you people to reply. I need your help.
Regards,
Zaeem

Zaeem

Mar 29, 2010
At last I found this on CIC website

Refers to the children of the principal applicant or of the principal applicant’s spouse or common-law partner.

They must:

•be under the age of 22 and not have a spouse or common-law partner; or,
•depend substantially on the financial support of a parent and have been continuously enrolled and in attendance as full-time students in a post-secondary institution accredited by the relevant government authority since before the age of 22 (or since marrying or entering into a common-law relationship, if this happened before the age of 22); or,
•depend substantially on the financial support of a parent since before the age of 22 and be unable to provide for themselves due to a medical condition.

Please correct me if i am wrong "according to this I qualify as a dependent".

Zaeem

Mar 29, 2010
Can some more senior members verify my case. Is there anything wrong in indulging into a proffesional education (CIMA) instead of post secondary education For dependent age 20 years. Thanks