+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need info

student1307

Dec 25, 2015
hii

i am international student in Winnipeg, i have joined one year program and almost complete my first semester. Now the situation is that from next month my next semester is going to star and on the very first day i have to submit my remaining fees, but i don't have job and money to submit my fee. my family condition also not strong to pay my remaining fee. i am completely depressed at this time.

i have boyfriend in Canada,he is living in surrey. he have PR but not citizenship, he is here from last 1.6 years. If i got married to him and leave my studies in between by giving medical to college, then is it possible to get PR and how long it will take to process the application. We know to each other from two years, like from India we are in relationship.

I have visa until november,2016,so is it possible to get work permit on the basis of marriage certificate to stay in canada. please suggest me something valuable...Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can certainly marry him and he can certainly sponsor you for PR.

No - you can't get a work permit based on a marriage certificate. Being married to a Canadian doesn't entitle you to a work permit.

If you get married and your boyfriend sponsors you for PR using the inland process, you will get an open work permit approximately four months after the application is submitted. However in order to qualify for this open work permit, you must be in status when CIC receives the sponsorship application. Note that your study permit will be automatically canceled once you've stopped attending school for more than 90 days. If you apply for PR inland, it will take approximately 27 months to obtain PR. You'll need to remain in Canada and not leave from the time the application is submitted to the time you receive PR.

student1307

Dec 25, 2015
Thank you so much Scylla for your reply,,,i have one confusion also,,like i stated earlier my BF is PR but not have citizenship,,so is this possible for him to sponsor me for PR.
And one more if my study permit got cancelled after 90 days, it may effect my visa or not?? i also want to know about open work permit?

Hammer

Oct 9, 2015
Alberta
student1307 said:
Thank you so much Scylla for your reply,,,i have one confusion also,,like i stated earlier my BF is PR but not have citizenship,,so is this possible for him to sponsor me for PR.
And one more if my study permit got cancelled after 90 days, it may effect my visa or not?? i also want to know about open work permit?
Yes, he can still sponsor you for PR.
And for open work permit - One can apply for open work permit if his/her spouse has permanent, full time job in NOC O,A or B category.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what I read in the forum you can stay in Canada till your TRV is expired when your study permit is cancelled.
otherwise, you have to apply for visitor visa to maintain legal status in Canada to apply for PR .

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/can-study-permit-holder-withdraw-from-school-with-inland-pr-in-process-t196063.0.html

student1307

Dec 25, 2015
In forum i get to know that before the cancellation of study permit (90 days) i have to apply for the visitor visa,,am I right?

After marriage when my husband will sponsor me, then is there any need to show some bank balance or something? i also want to know about the documents needed while applying for the PR?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hammer said:
And for open work permit - One can apply for open work permit if his/her spouse has permanent, full time job in NOC O,A or B category.
No - this isn't true at all. You are confusing the rules for spouses of foreign workers vs. spouses who have been sponsored for PR by Canadian partners. The rules for the two are completely different.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
student1307 said:
In forum i get to know that before the cancellation of study permit (90 days) i have to apply for the visitor visa,,am I right?

After marriage when my husband will sponsor me, then is there any need to show some bank balance or something? i also want to know about the documents needed while applying for the PR?
You should convert your status to visitor as soon as you stop your studies. You want to ensure your status in Canada is valid at the time you apply for spousal sponsorship - otherwise you won't qualify for the Open Work Permit Pilot. The OWP pilot grants you an open work permit approximately four months after you submit an inland sponsorship application provided you include an OWP application in the inland application.

The forms you must complete are here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

In addition the the forms, you must provide strong evidence your relationship is genuine and it isn't just a marriage of convenience. No - there is no need for the sponsor to show a bank balance.

Processing for the inland PR application will take approximately two and a half years and you should not leave Canada at all during this time.

If you have further questions about this process you should be posting them to the Family Sponsorship section of the forum.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
student1307 said:

right.
your (future)husband has to present that he is going to financially support you : his pay stub, saving balance etc.