+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need help

Samira2291

Apr 11, 2019
Hi, I am in bog trouble please help me out with right information.
My partner is in usa . We are thinking to get marry in nov 2019 . I am temprory worker in canada my federal PR is in the process . I got my AOR in feb 2019.
My partner is in USA and his application is under process in usa as( refugee ) .
Now I am thinking after getting married in novmember I have to update my married status but I dn’t want to add him as a secondary applicant because it will delay my file because his case under in refugee. Is there any way i can update mu status and make him as non-applicant or i will marry after getting my PR.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hi, I am in bog trouble please help me out with right information.
My partner is in usa . We are thinking to get marry in nov 2019 . I am temprory worker in canada my federal PR is in the process . I got my AOR in feb 2019.
My partner is in USA and his application is under process in usa as( refugee ) .
Now I am thinking after getting married in novmember I have to update my married status but I dn’t want to add him as a secondary applicant because it will delay my file because his case under in refugee. Is there any way i can update mu status and make him as non-applicant or i will marry after getting my PR.
If you get married before you get your PR and do not add him to the process, you will never be permitted to sponsor him and you could lose your PR for misrepresentation. Do not do this in under any circumstances.

If you must marry him before your PR, you must add him to your application. Depending on your application type, you could add him as non-accompanying, but you would then need to sponsor him later, and that could take 6 months - 1 year. It will take longer as his is a refugee claimant in the US.

Reactions: Samira2291

Samira2291

Apr 11, 2019
If you get married before you get your PR and do not add him to the process, you will never be permitted to sponsor him and you could lose your PR for misrepresentation. Do not do this in under any circumstances.

If you must marry him before your PR, you must add him to your application. Depending on your application type, you could add him as non-accompanying, but you would then need to sponsor him later, and that could take 6 months - 1 year. It will take longer as his is a refugee claimant in the US.
Thank you for reply.
Do you think the best decision is to get marry after i will get PR .
Otherwise if i add him as non- accompanying still My file is on risk.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If you wait until after you get PR, you must then sponsor him. Provided that you are not living with him now for some time, and thus common-law, all that means is that you have to wait the 12 months (or more) for your sponsorship of him to be evaluated while you are not together, then waiting until after you get PR will not delay your PR.

If you want to be married now, you must add him to your application.

The choice is yours. Delay your PR a few months, or delay living together for more than a year.

Samira2291

Apr 11, 2019
If you wait until after you get PR, you must then sponsor him. Provided that you are not living with him now for some time, and thus common-law, all that means is that you have to wait the 12 months (or more) for your sponsorship of him to be evaluated while you are not together, then waiting until after you get PR will not delay your PR.

If you want to be married now, you must add him to your application.

The choice is yours. Delay your PR a few months, or delay living together for more than a year.
I have usa visa so that is not a big problem i can go and meet him.
But yes, i pr takes 1 year from today’s date.
So my parents will might not agree to wait for so along so if can add him as non- accompanying.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Then you seem to have made your choice. If your parents will not wait to add him to your PR application, then you cannot marry him before you have your PR.

Why do your parents have any say over waiting? Is it their PR and you are named as a dependent child?