+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help!

MsCinderella

Apr 5, 2012
Dear Friends,

Assalam-o-Allikum,

I am Anam ,living in Pakistan,doing job since 2002 .I am married .My husband lives in Canada.He has a nationality.I have two sons.
Problem is my husband can not sponsor us...because he already sponsored his first wife and daughter.they live there separated.His first wife took welfare from the Canadian Government.So my husband is not in that position to divorce her.
I applied two times first in 2007 for visit and 2nd time in 2009 on study visa,but both times got refused.
Is there any chance for me to go Canada ?I am so hopeless in these days and thinking about suicide ..
what should I do?Please anyone can guide me please.......

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
MsCinderella said:
Dear Friends,

Assalam-o-Allikum,

I am Anam ,living in Pakistan,doing job since 2002 .I am married .My husband lives in Canada.He has a nationality.I have two sons.
Problem is my husband can not sponsor us...because he already sponsored his first wife and daughter.they live there separated.His first wife took welfare from the Canadian Government.So my husband is not in that position to divorce her.
I applied two times first in 2007 for visit and 2nd time in 2009 on study visa,but both times got refused.
Is there any chance for me to go Canada ?I am so hopeless in these days and thinking about suicide ..
what should I do?Please anyone can guide me please.......
I'm sorry to bring bad news but he cannot sponsor you as a wife if he already has a wife in Canada. He will have to get divorced before this could even begin to happen.

Canada will not allow two wives under any circumstances as it's against Canadian law.

If he was already married and he was a Canadian citizen when he married you, he actually committed a crime. (http://yourlaws.ca/criminal-code-canada/290-bigamy)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
MsCinderella said:
His first wife took welfare from the Canadian Government.So my husband is not in that position to divorce her.
This doesn't stop your husband from divorcing his first wife. He can still divorce her.

There are three things that need to happen before your husband will be able to sponsor you: (1) he needs to divorce his current wife; (2) you need to remarry him since your first marriage isn't valid in the eyes of Canadian immigration; (3) he needs to repay any welfare his wife may have taken while he was still responsible for supporting her after sponsoring her.

Since you have already been refused for a study visa and visitor visa - I think your only other realistic option (if your husband can't sponsor you) is to qualify to immigrate independently / on your own - for example, as a skilled worker.

ydj_dil

Apr 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-May-2014
AOR Received.
28-Jul-2014
File Transfer...
01-Aug-2014
Med's Done....
01-Nov-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-Mar-2015
Also, please don't contemplate suicide. Do get help and counselling.

amop

Feb 28, 2014
Ermmm question is do you want to go to canada..or your husband...?

Suicide merely your visa has been refused is unimaginable...will it make difference to anyone except your sons...Think about it...

and your hubby needs to divorce first wife...and I think he might be just telling you stories...

rest upto..you..God bless you..