+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED HELP !!

manpreet.3075

Jan 29, 2013
Can i shift from pg course to diploma course in canada and then apply to some other course later ? will it effect my work visa or PR ? PLZ RPLY

tiger007

Champion Member
manpreet.3075 said:
Can i shift from pg course to diploma course in canada and then apply to some other course later ? will it effect my work visa or PR ? PLZ RPLY
Hi,

According to official CIC rules:
As a post-secondary student
You may change your school, program and/or field of study without applying for a new study permit. You do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either. You may continue to use your study permit as long as it is valid.
If you are changing your level of study (e.g., bachelor's to master's), you do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=487&t=15

Usually, you need to 1st take admission to the new course you are changing to, show the offer letter of new course to your present college/university, and officially withdraw from your present course.

So, you can change over to ANY recognized post secondary educational institute in ANY province of Canada (except Quebec, where CAQ is required), provided you get admission.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too