+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need help with PR questions... urgent

anusai

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
This question is for my friend.

She and her husband got immigration to Canada in Dec 2006 from Middle East.

They went to Canada, but could not find a job. So he started a business for which he had to travel
very often to the middle east. My friend traveled with him too.

They renewed their PR in the year 2011(after the 5 year period was over.. this was their first renewal).

In the month of OCT 2015, she lost her husband while they were in the middle east.

My friend was having a very hard time as her son just joined the university in Ontario province. she has to pay for his
fees and meet other expenses.

Her PR expires in Oct 2016. She at this point she is not financially stable and does not plan to go and live in Canada without a job.

However, she wants to renew her PR and stay in the middle east where her family is there to support. also she has got a
job which is helping her meet some of her expenses.

She does not want to give her PR status. She plans to join her son after a year or two.
Is it possible for her to travel to Canada in June and try to renew her PR?
Is she eligible to do that?
Will the authorities consider her case and renew her PR on compassionate ground?
Will she have to go to Canada and inform about her husband's demise.
What all documents will she need to carry with her.

thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I don't think your friend will be successful renewing her PR card on H&C grounds. Working outside of Canada and being with family members won't be accepted as a reason for failing to meet RO. She should return to Canada before her PR card expires (the sooner, the better) and then remain in Canada without leaving until she meets the residency obligation - and only then apply to renew her PR card.