+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help- visit to Canada

zaraq

Apr 13, 2017
i need some help from the experts here in this forum. My story is.....
My wife had a nanny when she was born in her country ( that was 30 years ago). The nanny stayed with her family till now, she stayed with my wife when she went to school and university away from their home town. Basically she has become a part of the family. My wife likes her more than her mom. After we have moved to Canada, my wife missed her so much. So we thought of applying for a tourist visa for her. Unfortunately she was denied visa because she is not a blood relative, she has no job back home, she has no relatives(btw she is now 60 yrs old). We applied twice, but rejected both times. Some friends suggested me to apply for a live in caregiver visa, but she is not that educated and I wonder that will be rejected too.
Can some one advise me on how can I bring her to Canada at least for 1or 2 months. I thought of including her in our PR application, but my immigration lawyer suggested that the whole application may get rejected because of her. My wife really misses her so much. We can't go to her country that frequently spending more than 5000 dollars every time!!!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
i need some help from the experts here in this forum. My story is.....
My wife had a nanny when she was born in her country ( that was 30 years ago). The nanny stayed with her family till now, she stayed with my wife when she went to school and university away from their home town. Basically she has become a part of the family. My wife likes her more than her mom. After we have moved to Canada, my wife missed her so much. So we thought of applying for a tourist visa for her. Unfortunately she was denied visa because she is not a blood relative, she has no job back home, she has no relatives(btw she is now 60 yrs old). We applied twice, but rejected both times. Some friends suggested me to apply for a live in caregiver visa, but she is not that educated and I wonder that will be rejected too.
Can some one advise me on how can I bring her to Canada at least for 1or 2 months. I thought of including her in our PR application, but my immigration lawyer suggested that the whole application may get rejected because of her. My wife really misses her so much. We can't go to her country that frequently spending more than 5000 dollars every time!!!
Live in care-giver requires showing an actual need for a permanent live-in nanny via LMIA process, and the caregiver to have necessary education/work experience to qualify. Doesn't sound like this would work here.

Of course she is ineligible to be included in any of your own PR apps as she is not a spouse or dependent child, so does not qualify.

So TRV is the only option. If that doesn't work, unfortunately you are most likely out of luck to get her here.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I agree that a TRV is her only option. If she has never traveled to a country requiring a visa before (e.g. US, UK) then 1-2 months is too long a trip. If she reapplies, she should ask for 2-3 weeks at most.

Reactions: zaraq