+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help to apply for passport after ceremony

Gill1234.shergill

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
1) I need to apply for passport after ceremony, it required 1 guarantor and 2 references. Is that mandatory that all these 3 persons need to be Canadian citizens

2) I need to submit for valid government ID’S. My passport has been expired, my PR card has been taken away on ceremony. I lost my health card, can you please advise what else Can I submit as ID.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
1) I need to apply for passport after ceremony, it required 1 guarantor and 2 references. Is that mandatory that all these 3 persons need to be Canadian citizens

2) I need to submit for valid government ID’S. My passport has been expired, my PR card has been taken away on ceremony. I lost my health card, can you please advise what else Can I submit as ID.
1) Think just the guarantor needs to be Canadian.

2) Driver's License or Provincial Photo Card would work.

Reactions: foodie69

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

As advised by another member-
1. References need not be Canadian citizens. Guarantor needs to be a citizen.

2. I think Driver's License alone would suffice.

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011

PAAJI , Just put your doubts here
https://srv144.services.gc.ca/cgi-bin/ppt/general.aspx

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
As advised by another member-
1. References need not be Canadian citizens. Guarantor needs to be a citizen.

2. I think Driver's License alone would suffice.
The criteria is a document having name, date of birth, sex, photo & signature.
DL does not have date of birth.
Health Card has all the above requirements and is accepted.
If someone gives DL as proof then need to give another doc like foreign passport for date of birth.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012

If someone gives DL as proof then need to give another doc like foreign passport for date of birth.
The Driving License does have the DOB info, this is standard across all provinces/territories.

Have another look at your driver's license, you should be able to locate it.

foodie69

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2015
Of course they have a DOB..a DL is probably the most important piece of ID in Canada..see here:

https://goo.gl/images/U8hTT3

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As others have responded before me, DL has all of those details and should suffice. I just provided my Ontario DL, and got my Canadian passport recently.

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
As others have responded before me, DL has all of those details and should suffice. I just provided my Ontario DL, and got my Canadian passport recently.
I checked with a magnifying glass and found the DOB inscribed on the Ontario licence is very small letters.
So a DL & Health card will be OK.

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lol- you typically shouldn't need a magnifying lens, it's the same font size as your name and address. People use their License typically at LCBO if they are asked to prove they are of drinking age.