+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help to apply for Canada PR

swapnilVerma

Jul 30, 2023
Hi,
I am Swapnil.
I am a software engineer with 6 years of work experience.
As of now, I am working with Microsoft in India.
I want to move to Canada. So I want to apply for Canada PR.
Can someone help me with how to start?
I have reached out to some consultancy for the same like Y axis and Kansas. They are charging around 1 lakhs.
Is there any way I can do it on my own? Or it is better do it via some consultancy.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
I am Swapnil.
I am a software engineer with 6 years of work experience.
As of now, I am working with Microsoft in India.
I have reached out to some consultancy for the same like Y axis and Kansas. They are charging around 1 lakhs.
Is there any way I can do it on my own? Or it is better do it via some consultancy.
Start with Express Entry and see if eligible based on your age, education, language, skills and funds. You don’t need a consultant. You can do it yourself.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry.html

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi,
I am [].
I am a [] with 6 years of work experience.
As of now, I am working with [] in [].
I'm not going to name and shame anyone on this forum, but a lot of these consultancies are nothing but pure risk and scam. I paid $1,000+ to a consultancy in India(I was in US) and they did nothing. The stories are same for most of them and they are unregulated. They'll often ask you for 2-3x the documentation and likely to sell you personal and financial info to data brokers.

You can do most of the documentation on your own. Use the link provided in the comment above, read, and ask us questions. You can easily get everything done without much issues.

Reactions: CNP and Naturgrl