+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help regd. Express Entry Profile for a PGWP

VijR

Jan 24, 2022
Hi Everyone!

I need help regarding creating express entry profile. As a quick background, I have concluded my study program in Canada (2021), currently on post graduate work permit and recently started working in a NOC A job + CLB 9 scoring in IELTS. Honestly everything seemed okay to me from job, level, ielts and funds perspective so I went to create Express Entry profile however right after I receive the email as Ineligible Profile! I can go ahead and make another profile however I am left to wonder what am I doing wrong. (I think it may be to do on questions regd. LIMA however the PGWP does not require a Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA))

I wanted to apply for BC PNP simultaneously however I need Express Entry profile score to apply for Express Entry International Graduate stream.
Please guide and help. Much appreciate.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Everyone!

I need help regarding creating express entry profile. As a quick background, I have concluded my study program in Canada (2021), currently on post graduate work permit and recently started working in a NOC A job + CLB 9 scoring in IELTS. Honestly everything seemed okay to me from job, level, ielts and funds perspective so I went to create Express Entry profile however right after I receive the email as Ineligible Profile! I can go ahead and make another profile however I am left to wonder what am I doing wrong. (I think it may be to do on questions regd. LIMA however the PGWP does not require a Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA))

I wanted to apply for BC PNP simultaneously however I need Express Entry profile score to apply for Express Entry International Graduate stream.
Please guide and help. Much appreciate.
You must have answered one or more question incorrectly.

- Do you have at least 67 points under the FSW points system?
- What did you select as your primary NOC? Do you have at least one year of continuous work experience in this NOC? (I'm assuming you don't yet have a full year of skilled work experience from the time you applied for a PGWP.)
- To claim points for having a job offer on an PGWP, your employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA.
- You've said you showed sufficient proof of funds.
- Assumg your IELTS score is valid.

VijR

Jan 24, 2022
You must have answered one or more question incorrectly.

- Do you have at least 67 points under the FSW points system?
- What did you select as your primary NOC? Do you have at least one year of continuous work experience in this NOC? (I'm assuming you don't yet have a full year of skilled work experience from the time you applied for a PGWP.)
- To claim points for having a job offer on an PGWP, your employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA.
- You've said you showed sufficient proof of funds.
- Assumg your IELTS score is valid.

Hi Scylla! Thank you for acknowledging.
I'm sure I must have made an error somewhere but just trying to find out what exactly.. and here's my hunch: It might have something to do with work permit or LIMA however I'm on Post Graduate work permit and PGWP holders don't need LIMA assessment - I can check with my employer too (it is a global consulting firm, hiring in huge numbers, thus I doubt they will take LIMA for every immigrant hire they do, but i can check)

here's to your questions:
- Do you have at least 67 points under the FSW points system? : I have done offline calculation and I am able to get 67 points easily.
- What did you select as your primary NOC? Do you have at least one year of continuous work experience in this NOC? (I'm assuming you don't yet have a full year of skilled work experience from the time you applied for a PGWP.) : My primary NOC will be 1122. No, I just started working so don't have a full year but does it mean, I can only apply for express entry after concluding one year?
- To claim points for having a job offer on an PGWP, your employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA. : As I said usually on PGWP, LIMA is not mandate but I can check with my employer on this.
- You've said you showed sufficient proof of funds. : Express Entry profile never gives a platform to "upload" any documents at the creation stage. Yes i have sufficient funds and I stated that but the platform didn't ask for any hard copy to submit. It declared my profile ineligible.
- Assumg your IELTS score is valid. : Yes my IELTS score is valid (2021 effective).

What should I do.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Scylla! Thank you for acknowledging.
I'm sure I must have made an error somewhere but just trying to find out what exactly.. and here's my hunch: It might have something to do with work permit or LIMA however I'm on Post Graduate work permit and PGWP holders don't need LIMA assessment - I can check with my employer too (it is a global consulting firm, hiring in huge numbers, thus I doubt they will take LIMA for every immigrant hire they do, but i can check)

here's to your questions:
- Do you have at least 67 points under the FSW points system? : I have done offline calculation and I am able to get 67 points easily.
- What did you select as your primary NOC? Do you have at least one year of continuous work experience in this NOC? (I'm assuming you don't yet have a full year of skilled work experience from the time you applied for a PGWP.) : My primary NOC will be 1122. No, I just started working so don't have a full year but does it mean, I can only apply for express entry after concluding one year?
- To claim points for having a job offer on an PGWP, your employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA. : As I said usually on PGWP, LIMA is not mandate but I can check with my employer on this.
- You've said you showed sufficient proof of funds. : Express Entry profile never gives a platform to "upload" any documents at the creation stage. Yes i have sufficient funds and I stated that but the platform didn't ask for any hard copy to submit. It declared my profile ineligible.
- Assumg your IELTS score is valid. : Yes my IELTS score is valid (2021 effective).

What should I do.
You can't use 1122 as your primary NOC. That is why your profile was rejected. Is there another NOC where you have at least one year of continuous work experience that is NOC A, B or 0? If so, you need to use that as your primary NOC for now. If not, then you need to wait before you'll be able to set up your EE profile. It won't be possible to do it now.

The fact you don't have an LMIA would not have caused your EE profile to be rejected. Just making you aware that you should be answering "no" to the job offer question and that you won't get the 50 points for having a job offer. If you want the 50 points, your employer needs to obtain an approved LMIA. Because you are on an open work permit, you can only claim the job offer points if your employer gets an approved LMIA.

Reactions: VijR

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you @scylla
I used 1122 code because it was mentioned in the their official website.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/find-national-occupation-code.html#noc

Probably I should use the 2021 version? I'm still confused on how to progress.
You need to select a primary NOC where you already have at least 1 year of continuous work experience in that NOC.

Do you already have one year of full time and continuous work experience in NOC 1122?

VijR

Jan 24, 2022
You need to select a primary NOC where you already have at least 1 year of continuous work experience in that NOC.

Do you already have one year of full time and continuous work experience in NOC 1122?
No I don't... so it means, I cannot apply before completing a year.. :( Does that stand true for a PNP nomination as well? I am sorry to bother you with multiple questions but i have absolutely no idea on pre-requisites.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No I don't... so it means, I cannot apply before completing a year.. :( Does that stand true for a PNP nomination as well? I am sorry to bother you with multiple questions but i have absolutely no idea on pre-requisites.
If you have one year of continuous and full time experience in another NOC A, B or 0 job then you can use that as your primary NOC and apply now. Otherwise you need to wait.

PNP programs have various requirements depending on the program. You will need to research the PNP programs for the province where you are working.