+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need HELP! Is it ok to apply 2 families under one group Visitor Visa application?

uragon88

Aug 12, 2022
Good day!
I am doing a DIY Vistor Visa application for my family of 4. However, their invitation letter includes another family of 3 people. This invitation letter is from a relative who is already a Permanent Resident.
I'm trying to group them into one application because of this. But I noticed that when you are applying in the GCKey portal, you will be asked if there is an additional family member you would like to add to your principal application, but it should be an immediate family member such as a spouse, son/daughter, or brother/sister, and I could not add the other family of 3 due to this reason.
What should I do regarding this matter?
Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Good day!
I am doing a DIY Vistor Visa application for my family of 4. However, their invitation letter includes another family of 3 people. This invitation letter is from a relative who is already a Permanent Resident.
I'm trying to group them into one application because of this. But I noticed that when you are applying in the GCKey portal, you will be asked if there is an additional family member you would like to add to your principal application, but it should be an immediate family member such as a spouse, son/daughter, or brother/sister, and I could not add the other family of 3 due to this reason.
What should I do regarding this matter?
Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Who is applying? A family is considered the principal applicant, spouse and children under 22. If not, they are separate applications with separate documents.

uragon88

Aug 12, 2022
Who is applying? A family is considered the principal applicant, spouse and children under 22. If not, they are separate applications with separate documents.
Thank you for the reply.
My parents are applying, along with my 2 sisters. They are invited by my father's cousin who is a Permanent Resident in Canada.
As for me, I am under PGWP status.
The other family is the family of my Fiancee, her son and her mother. For which I asked my father's cousin to include them in the invitation letter so that they will also be invited by a Permanent Resident.
I am having trouble in applying them using the invitation letter provided by my father's cousin.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for the reply.
My parents are applying, along with my 2 sisters. They are invited by my father's cousin who is a Permanent Resident in Canada.
As for me, I am under PGWP status.
The other family is the family of my Fiancee, her son and her mother. For which I asked my father's cousin to include them in the invitation letter so that they will also be invited by a Permanent Resident.
I am having trouble in applying them using the invitation letter provided by my father's cousin.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Are your two sisters under 22? If not, your parents apply together, and your 2 sisters.

The other family is your fiancée and her son, if under 22. Her mother is her own application.

Would suggest three letters - one for PR’s family members and another to for fiancée and son, and another for motherYou can write the letter for fiancée/son and mother. For fiancée and her family, coming from a your father’s cousin is only a good idea if they know them personally.

All have to show their own funds, travel history, ties to home country et.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
How old is your fiancée’s son? What about his father? If alive, may need consent to apply for TRV and leave the country.

uragon88

Aug 12, 2022
How old is your fiancée’s son? What about his father? If alive, may need consent to apply for TRV and leave the country.
He is 12yo.
They are not married though, and they have not been in contact for so many years.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
He is 12yo.
They are not married though, and they have not been in contact for so many years.
Okay. She may want to provide proof in application to have him leave the country. So you write the letter for your fiancée and her son (one application) and her mother (another application). Do not say you will be supporting their visit. They want to show their own funds to come to Canada. So length of visit should correspond with funds (not deplete their savings). Show ties - job letter with leave, paid tuition/school registration, business, investment properties etc.

uragon88

Aug 12, 2022
Are your two sisters under 22? If not, your parents apply together, and your 2 sisters.

The other family is your fiancée and her son, if under 22. Her mother is her own application.

Would suggest three letters - one for PR’s family members and another to for fiancée and son, and another for motherYou can write the letter for fiancée/son and mother. For fiancée and her family, coming from a your father’s cousin is only a good idea if they know them personally.

All have to show their own funds, travel history, ties to home country et.
One sister is 18yo. The other is 30.
Actually my fiancee knows my father's cousin, they've already met in like two special occasions.

May I also ask how to make an Itinerary for them?

I really appreciate your replies on this thread, it is helping me to learn a lot.

uragon88

Aug 12, 2022
Okay. She may want to provide proof in application to have him leave the country. So you write the letter for your fiancée and her son (one application) and her mother (another application). Do not say you will be supporting their visit. They want to show their own funds to come to Canada. So length of visit should correspond with funds (not deplete their savings). Show ties - job letter with leave, paid tuition/school registration, business, investment properties etc.
Thank you so much. Regarding this, I am not sure how to make an invitation letter for them. I mean what to put in the invitation letter to convince the visa officer of our relationship for example.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
One sister is 18yo. The other is 30.
Actually my fiancee knows my father's cousin, they've already met in like two special occasions.

May I also ask how to make an Itinerary for them?

I really appreciate your replies on this thread, it is helping me to learn a lot.
So 30 year old applies separately with her own bank accounts, ties, travel history etc.

If father's cousin knows your fiancee and her son, then he can provide invitation. Meeting for two special occasions like a wedding though is not really knowing them. If he doesn't know the mother, then she needs her own letter. Itinerary is a list of day to day activiites. An invitation letter invites someone to come and the plan when they are here.